What else do you collect?

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by the Rev, Dec 29, 2007.

1. rrbnut

rrbnut 1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

Wagon Garage:
    not collecting, but I seem to be buying basic tools like screwdrivers, wrenches etc when going to HomeDepot etc and I have boxes full!!!

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Egon's response at the end is classic Harold Ramis.

3. zekevin

zekevin Member

Wagon Garage:
    33s, 45s, 8-tracks, music books, mostly memoirs,and biographies, straight razors, beer cans and vintage bar gear, 60s -70s toys, board games, and pretty much anything else that looks neat. I've slowed down quite a bit since the little kiddo came along but I still find a little cash hear and there add on every once and a while.

Grizz likes this.
  4. Andrew4180

Andrew4180 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Dale Earnhardt Sr. memorabilia, Vintage racing signs/banners, have a huge die cast monster truck collection from when I was a younger, basically anything old school hot rod/racing/motorsports in general I can hang in my shop that looks good. haha

5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

I don't collect tinplate, but I found this in a model RR shop last summer:

IMG_20170929_150905899_TOP.jpg

6. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Had a collection of Shotguns that I gave to the kids, well not all, but 5 of them.
    Gave to Son:
    1953 Winchester 21 - thought about trading this 1 in for a 50's Colon Park
    upload_2018-1-13_12-9-57.png
    Charles Daly Miroku Superior Grade
    upload_2018-1-13_12-13-34.png
    to my Daughter in Law B. Rizzini Omnium
    upload_2018-1-13_12-15-34.png
    To my daughter
    Fabarm Silver Lion 20gauge upload_2018-1-13_12-18-8.png
    to Son in Law
    Thomas Ferney 0708s
    upload_2018-1-13_12-19-14.png

7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    It looks like nobody is out-gunned in both marriages. You're sly enough to figure that both relationships should remain peaceful through Detente-styled constant peace through mutual destruction threat. Hopefully, none of them are or were named Hatfield and McCoy:49:.
    Beautiful guns, though. I hope you care for your cars the way you do your guns

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  8. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    My collecting days are over since getting old and moving back to the midwest. Way before we'd heard of Pickers and Hoarders we were doing both. I used to subscribe to most antique and hotrod type car magazines. I still had 100's of the 'Little Books' when we moved back to Illinois. I started with the beginning of many, including Hemmings, when it was just a memiographed few pages stapled together. Classic Chevy and Cars and Parts were two of my favorites. Those and old street rod type magazines, out before I susbscribed, I'd pick up for a few dollars at swap meets. I enjoyed looking back and using early car ideas to build my latest projects.
    I collected odd old car parts, like hubcaps, hood ornaments, and trim parts.
    My wife collected clothes and small antique glassware, etc.
    When we moved back home over a year and a half ago most of the old junk, encluding lots of old and NOS car parts was supposed to be sold at auction. Most was left or scrapped. All of those old car books left behind.:cry: But in the past year and a half I really haven't mised anything. It's all material things taking up space and costing money. I have a few traffic lites and signs, old hood ornemants, and parts to eventually put on display inside and out to bug the neighbors. Collecting anything becomes addictive and we found that no matter how cheaply you get it, when left behind or scrapped it was still too much.

Grizz likes this.