Welp, i havent posted in a while! new project!

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by 1982caprice station wagon, Mar 22, 2013.

1. 1982caprice station wagon

1982caprice station wagon Racecar Driver

Wagon Garage:
    welp, i havent posted in a good while, but i do have a new project! my friends grandpa died 4 years ago. he was the kinda guy that always had cars layin around his property. so i was over the house looking, i found an 80's Isuzu Trooper. few cars that were so mashed up i couldnt tell, and a late 80's Mitsubishi MightyMax. i asked what the deal was with the truck. she said "well, its been sittin for a good 10 years, it ran when it was parked though. if you and your friends want, you can have it!" so we've been workin hard on her. specifically, its a 1987 Mitsubishi MightyMax, 2.6 4cyl 4speed, 127,000 miles. we've changed almost all the fluids. put a few new belts on, new air filter, fuel filter, some hoses, fresh gas. and shes trying to fire up. just wont do it though. we're thinkin its the timing belt/chain. just to make it clear though, this is strictly for off road purposes. shes clean, and could probably pass inspection again with a little bit of extra work, but the title is long gone.

Her name is Ol' Red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front bumper and tailgate are the only places that really have any rust.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Hey Man, nice to see ya!:D Hope you get the truck running, should be a lot of fun in the woods.

3. 1982caprice station wagon

Wagon Garage:
    thanks Teddy! iv missed the gang! been real busy lately though! im gonna be gettin busy again soon though! i start a new job tomorrow!!:p

4. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey, Cap....been wondering about you! Glad to see you remembered us. We missed you. Well...I've seen worse trucks in my day. If you do get it running and up to snuff...there are ways of getting a title. Did they let you keep the trees in growing the back?:rofl2:
    Glad to hear you got a new job...hope you like it and do well. Let us know more as things progress.

5. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Hey....I have to ad......'old Red'....looks like "Lil Red":D.... Job?????.....well, WTF?;)...... must be a horrible one if you won't even tell us!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

6. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That looks surprisingly solid for sitting so long. Unless something internal is busticated, you should be able to get it going. Go down to the parts store and get yourself one of those generic shop manuals they have on it......... I'll bet you can get that going enough to make a winter DD out of it.

7. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Glad to see you back! My buddy had one of those mighty max 4x4 with a set of 33x12.50-15 on it, wasn't a straight body panel on it but it was great in the mud and couldn't kill it. We were young and we tried, we buried it, flipped it, took it for a swim in a creek that was a lot deeper than we thought but it wouldn't quit!

8. 1982caprice station wagon

Wagon Garage:
    i know theres ways of getting a title, but when we get it where we want it, it deffinantly wont be street legal!:mischeif:

well......uhmm........uhhh....ahhh.... OK its McDonalds........:slap:

so far everything seems decent, we'll know soon enough though!

i hope mines like that!!:thumbs2: