Watch Engine Builders On line

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Claude, Nov 17, 2011.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting up your experiences guys. I've only had experience with ATK and a factory rebuilt stock engine from them that seems to be a good one. Had one experience with a local machine shop that supplied me a rebuilt head for the Trooper and it was ok. Word of mouth from personal aquaintences is probably the best testimonials for a shop. (y)

2. Dogbone

Dogbone Senior Member

Wagon Garage:
    Claude,

That's very unfortunate what you are going through, although sounds like you have a fighting chance due to your diligence on the front in with the written contract.

Thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully it will save many others from having to go down the same road.

As for myself, putting my oldest through college and two more right behind him, I have put my more expensive/ambitious projects on the back burner.

But when the time comes to start dropping serious $$$$ in my toys, I will most certainly heed your advice.

Thank you and good luck with recouping your loss.

3. teej

teej Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles. But it sounds like you did all the right stuff up front, but had a stroke of bad luck. I can't imagine ALL of his work is like that. And really, rain? Maybe it was because it only rains out there twice a year. Unlike here in FL where you basically expect it to rain every day and and just happy when it doesn't. Bone head move for sure. But even giving him that credit, the rest of the stuff on the inside is just poor workmanship and/or attention to detail. Maybe he just farmed it out to some shop-boy and didn't check it.

OK, even given all those possibilities, he should have at least owned up to the problem and taken care of you. I don't care if people make mistakes, as long as they take responsibility for them.

And, by the way, what's the name of the "Good" shop there in Winter Haven? I'm over in Cocoa Beach and wouldn't mind knowing a trustworthy shop within driving distance.

4. airboats

airboats New Member

Claude
    i just had Allen do my machine work and a friend who is a mechanic and i are putting it back together .

i live in SW Polk county close to 540 and the parkway

5. Claude

Claude New Member

Wagon Garage:
    teej
    You asked for the name of the shop, it's actually in Haines City, Is Regional Performance Machine (RPM, get it?). The guys name is Allen. He only builds high perfomance and racing engines. I have his phone number somewhere. But if you want it, I would be glad to find it for you.
    Claude

6. airboats

airboats New Member

bore 30over hot tank and blast block/heads/ valve job /resize rods/ swap over pistons/ paint block& heads /c/o cam bearings all for under 600.00
    shop here in Auburndale wanted 800.00+