Wagons in 1/43rd Scale.

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by 66 Country Sedan, Sep 22, 2011.

1. 66 Country Sedan

66 Country Sedan New Member

I have a few wagons in my collection of 1/43rd models, and enjoy to photographing them.
    Start with this neat '64 Ford CS from the James Bond Collection, a large line of models sold in
    Europe as a subscription series. From Goldfinger, it depicts the '64 used by the Auric Stud Farm.

[​IMG]
    Larger, the WW's are a bit wide, but I love the dog dishes.

[​IMG]
    Larger

This '60 Opel Rekord CaraVan is from Minichamps, parked in front of our local Thunderbird Motor Lodge.

[​IMG]
    Larger

My first car was a '65 Opel Rekord CaraVan, similar to this '62 that was my first car, a "field car" bought
    from a neighbor who brought it back from Germany after his army service. I drove it around the
    fields by our home (before I had a DL) and paid $35 for it. Cute little car.

TG

2. gray07

gray07 New Member

Awesom toys, great pictures

3. estatewagon

estatewagon Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the pictures, they sent me on a quest. I had never seen the '64 Squire before and of course I had to have one. I hit ebay but they are pretty rare in the US. There was one on just after I saw your pictures but it ended up selling for $53. I kept looking and discovered the models are fairly common in England which is where they were originally sold. They are available in the $25-30 range there but of course the shipping is more expensive. I just won an auction today and can't wait to get it (probably in two weeks). There are a lot of different cars in this James Bond series, stuff that isn't usually made including an early '70s Chevy Impala coupe from the movie LIVE AND LET DIE which I also got from the same seller that had the Ford wagon. Each car also comes with a magazine that is about the movie and the car. There are 110 vehicles( but not a lot of other wagons) in the series so far with more to come. I have my eye on a few more including a Cadillac Hearse, but this could get expensive.

4. 66 Country Sedan

ewagon,

You'll love the Squire for its fine casting and nice detail; glad you found one! It's an Altya/IXO mold,
    and they'll soon be offering a non-Bond version with full wheel covers and different colors. Many of the
    Bond series are Universal Hobbies models, and not very well done.

I had to have the '64 CS too, when I first saw it, and only popped for a couple of others in the series.
    The Ford Econoline is the latest (and likely the last I'll get), and as you said, an unusual choice in 1/43rd.

Continued success on your Wagon Quest,
    TG

5. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

When I saw the Country Squire photos, I thought you had detailed an Ideal Motorific 1/43 scale slot car Country Squire body. Thats a much nicer model than the old Motorific Country Squire. I looked up the James Bond collection and as a James Bond fan, I would be tempted to collect the series. Just this Squire, the 64 T-Bird, 64 Lincoln, 64 Ranchero, 64 Mustang and the Aston Martin from this one movie are enough to break the bank, but theres been a Bond movie released just about every couple years since '61, so even with 110 cars in the series, theres likly still many to come. The only other wagon I would still expect to see is the 60 Ford Ranch Wagon from the movie, From Russia With Love.

6. 66 Country Sedan

I've just been advised that the James Bond Series of 1/43rd scale diecasts plans to do the '60 Ford Ranch Wagon
    that was in, "From Russia With Love."

[​IMG]

If the casting is as good as their '64 Country Squire, it'll be exceptionally cool to add a 2-door Ranch Wagon to our "fleets."
    I'll keep you posted as to when the model becomes available, and whether it's a worthy addition.

TG.

7. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

Nice. But in the Gypsy camp scene, the wagon is a 4 door.

8. 66 Country Sedan

Jim,

Yeah, I haven't seen the flic in a long time, and have been told about the continuity problem. Either way,
    2-door or 4-door, a '60 Ranch Wagon would be welcome with its one-year-only roofline design...

[​IMG]

Keeping my fingers crossed for a 2-door,
    TG

9. 66 Country Sedan

Posted these in the main discussion forum, but they need to be here, too.

[​IMG]
    Larger, Minichamps' '40 Ford DeLuxe with Brooklin's Aistream Bambi, 1/43rd scale.

[​IMG]
    Larger, Brooklin's '48 Packard Station Sedan and Airstream Bambi in 1/43rd scale.

[​IMG]
    Larger, Minichamps' '58 Edsel Bermuda with Brooklin's Shasta AirFlyte in 1/43rd scale.

TG

10. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Very nice! :thumbs2:

11. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Awesome pics, love the back ground..makes them look so close to real:yup: