Very Strange 2004r issues

Discussion in 'General Automotive Tech' started by TheNekomancer, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Parts car for another rescue?

2. littlealgie7

littlealgie7 Run out of money to keep everybody happy.

Wagon Garage:
    Your luck with Buick Estate wagon sounds like mine. No speedometer problems. Just need people to stop hitting mine. I bought my 90 Wagon last Thanksgiving. The engine has no power. I think the 307 ci has 135 horse power? I found many electrical & vacuum hoses that were rotted or corroded. I had oil pouring out of passenger side valve cover when I started her up. Bought new gaskets to install. Mine has many weird sounds. Growling, sucking sound, does not idle & many sounds that I have never heard come from a car. Well I had to remove most of the electrical, vacuum & smog pump hoses. I am confused or the previous owner sold my a Junk wagon he rebuilt? Why do I say this? Well the Blue paint under the white paint. Plus many splices into wiring. Not a 58k miles car driven by little old lady? Does your 87 estate wagon have the vacuum hose diagram on radiator shroud? Mine has one. But the diagram does not include the many sensors & electric solenoids. I have the repair manual from GM that covers all 1990 GM Wagons. No help there either. My transmission is OK. I dropped pan & some thick gray mud stuck to it. Do you have a Transmission repair shop close to you? I have a place that has been in business for 60 years I know of. For $100 give or take. They will drop your transmission pan. check operation. Install a new filter & fluid. Maybe this is what you need?