The 8-Track

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by Jairus, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Jairus

Jairus Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    73super, I started my 8-track collection in 1975 and still have all those tapes. No need to toss any once I figured out how to fix'em.

The learning happened mostly through trial and error, but once I got a computer and discovered a web site: 8-track Heaven it was then when I started collecting again and have even made a few of my own tapes of bands that never produced 8-track tapes.

The nice thing about the system is that it has few moving parts so repairs are really simple.

2. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    What a neat thread guys! The Thrift Shops around here always seem to have some tapes. I'm still looking for a stock unit for my Fairmont... Someday...(y)

3. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My buddy Laird has a working 8-track in his '79 Pacer wagon. It's so funny to be riding along and in the middle of a Fleetwood Mac song hear CLICK-CLICK!!.....pause.....and then Stevie Nicks picks up again.

God bless the 1970's!

-Mike

4. Jairus

Jairus Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    For us who grew up in the 70's... it was even more amazing to be listening to music in the car with NO commercial breaks between!
    There were no CD's, cassettes, or iPods back then and the 8-track was a huge improvement over broadcast radio.

[​IMG]