Rare Craigslist Listing

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by autobotsquire, Apr 13, 2009.

  1. autobotsquire

    autobotsquire New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2009
    Messages:
    116
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Baltimore, MD
  2. a1awind

    a1awind Tiki God

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2008
    Messages:
    3,329
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Ellwood city Pa
    im not one for the 30's woodies but that is sharp
     
  3. Stormin' Norman

    Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    19,625
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    813
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Yep, nice setup! Funny that it's in Baltimore. Its a SoCal vehicle, really.
     
  4. Taranau

    Taranau Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1,674
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    99
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    L.A.Calif.USA
    Baltimore vs SoCal

    Holy guacamole botman!..that IS a nice woodie and trailer...:p And yes,Norman,there are several annual car shows,on beaches none-the-less,where they'd fit right in...(y) But we can't let SoCal have all the fun,can we?..:dance:
     
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  5. Stormin' Norman

    Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    19,625
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    813
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I guess SoCal rain and Baltimore rain is equally wet! ;) Its a nice bright yellow and a fine combo of wood color.

    I'd sure love to build my own Woodie. I know how, but with the regulations up for change again to California's, it really is a challenge.
     
  6. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Over priced but cool. The small block lowers its value considerably.
     
  7. CapriceEstate

    CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    3,669
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Pardeeville/ Portage, Wisconsin.
    I thought that said 6500 at first and I about sh!t myself!
     
  8. Taranau

    Taranau Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1,674
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    99
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    L.A.Calif.USA
    I'm sure they'll find someone,willing to pay that much.If not off the web,then at an auction house.My wife and I are constantly being amazed by people more than willing to bid as high as they can,just to get something.At both car and real estate auctions.It's like they're so anxious to buy something at an auction,they'd bid their kids and mom-if they could...I'm thinking these people put $50,000 or so into this car and didn't do it for the love of the vehicle.They were looking for that profit margin.
     
  9. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Boy I disagree on this one T. I know what you mean though...I'm astounded time and time again. THIS one, however, unless the bidder has the correct engine, I believe is not either a rod OR a classic. JMHO...I sure could be wrong. Have been before. A lot.
     
  10. Taranau

    Taranau Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1,674
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    99
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    L.A.Calif.USA
    I'm not saying it'll happen anytime soon.The auction shows on TV are always talking about how a good,complete restoration can go over $100,000,easy...And when the people put those cars up for auction,they are doing so,on the unserstanding that they're NOT going to get all their money back.They've done the work for the love of the car.No bidding on this,just the no-haggle price of $65,000 leads me to believe this one was done for the money...And may have been done by someone(or group of someone's)who can no longer sell all those houses they were flipping.Now they're doing it with this car.Which IS a sad thing,if it's true.For some,a small block is great.For rodders it's not near enough.And rims don't make it a custom,that's for sure.But,for somebody who wants to buy it and take it to local car shows and win local car show trophies without doing anything else to it;it might be worth the asking price...Personally,even if I had the money to spend on it,I wouldn't.While it IS somewhat tempting,I've seen better wagon and trailer matches for quite a bit less,at local car shows here in SoCal.The 57 Chevy wagon in candy-apple red and pearl white with matching camping trailer for $30,000 less than this one would've been the better deal by far.
     
  11. That Hartford Guy

    That Hartford Guy Mopar no more.

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Messages:
    328
    Likes Received:
    37
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Hartford, Connecticut
    I'd prefer to see it in a more traditional color and with stock wheels, but that is just my opinion.
     
  12. a1awind

    a1awind Tiki God

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2008
    Messages:
    3,329
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Ellwood city Pa
    tmg,
    i like mopar wagons, but, like the new f250+ trucks .... i like my turn signals below the headlights. so i prefer the diplomat/gran fury nose.
     
  13. That Hartford Guy

    That Hartford Guy Mopar no more.

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Messages:
    328
    Likes Received:
    37
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Hartford, Connecticut
    You mean like this?
    1981ChryslerLeBaronTownCountry.jpg

    The Dodge Diplomat wagons (1980-81) were also sold in Canada as Plymouth Caravelle wagons. All are impossible to find today.
    The 1978 & 79 Diplomats and Caravelles were similar. The wagons were dropped after 1981, so none of the later Grand Furys sold in the States were wagons.

    And just to add more confusion, some of the Diplomat wagons were exported to Europe badged as "Dodge LeBarons"
     
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  14. a1awind

    a1awind Tiki God

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2008
    Messages:
    3,329
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Ellwood city Pa
    yeah, thats the one i like. wasnt sure about the year of the wagons. i was more interested in the sedans when i was younger. ill never forget my first drive in a 1984 gran fury(was on a friends car lot)....ice blue 64k original miles no rust and ice cold ac, 318ci v8 ....and oh...those seats! i was 16 and mom said no...i was bummed.
     
  15. a1awind

    a1awind Tiki God

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2008
    Messages:
    3,329
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Ellwood city Pa
    on that note....this will make you wanna puke.



    its horrendous
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015

Share This Page