new here from fl

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by v8ao96, Jul 11, 2011.

1. v8ao96

v8ao96 Active Member

sure thing. its polk city,

2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    -----Thanks, I saw that in the other post. I was teasing 59wagon about where he is from. I'm from top end of Levy County. Amazing how many wagons I see in our tri-county area.

3. v8ao96

v8ao96 Active Member

hey catmodel thats a cool 2 door wagon u got there.

4. 59 wagon man

59 wagon man Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    south new york uuughh sorry i mean south florida hollywood to be exact. hey v8 check out the show in lakeland the middle of october ,its pretty cool how they do it concert friday nite and lots of interesting cars sat

5. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks. We've had it so long when we drive it we just feel like we are in one of our regular drivers. Actually we are but wonder why people are waving and giving thumbs ups. Maybe it's just the way us ex-Illinois drivers drive! Of course most are THUMBS ups! So must not be my Illinois driving. :rofl2: Lakeland, we looked at homes down there. Nice area. :jumping:Hoolywood, that really is South Neu Yawk.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  6. v8ao96

v8ao96 Active Member

Allright ill check around about lakeland thanks

7. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :dance: Love that wagon!!! You dad had exceptionally good taste. Sorry to hear of his passing, but he must have really enjoyed working around cars and was pretty creative...a GTO wagon...OH YEAH...a head turner alright.

:Welcome: aboard, thanks for sharing your story.

8. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the forum, and my condolences on the loss of your father...

As others have said, you've been given an incredible gift with that wagon.

If you don't mind, I'd like to give you some advice, since you sound on the 'young' side.

- Do whatever you can to keep the wagon in the family. Get your wife and kids involved in it too, so they can experience a part of the feelings you have for your father that come out when you're around the car. That being said,

- There could be tough times where selling the wagon might be necessary. Your job is to see that things don't get bad enough to make that necessary.

- Have fun with it. If it ceases to be fun, let it go and do something else. Your dad's in your memories, not 'in' the wagon.

Good luck,

Marshall

9. v8ao96

v8ao96 Active Member

yea thanks. ive seen my dad work on it many years not like everyday. i did ask him this "when can i have it?" lol when he came to visit me with the car on the road first time to meet me, i saw him driving toward my house and i was like whoa look at that car. pretty neat that its on the road. after he arrive here we were getting ready to go to the store and he look at me and hands me the key and says "here u can drive it to the store" i was like what??:oops:mg: whoa! so since i drove the car. i like it alot and still do..i enjoy this car every min of it.

10. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    I like what Krash Kadillac said very much. He is a wise man! The wagon is super fine and holds many memories. But it is only metal, rubber, and other material things. Drive it, enjoy it with your family. But don't be afraid to let it go if the time ever comes. I had plans for some of my kids to take over and drive a few of my old clunkers. But, as time changes, I see they are not interested. Your father was a cool man.

11. v8ao96

v8ao96 Active Member

Thank u very much for the reply

12. teej

teej Well-Known Member

Another welcome from FL... Right in your neighborhood as a matter of fact. (Don't know how I missed this intro...) Anyway, I'm glad to see Eric's wagon back on the road and am thrilled to hear that you are going to keep her going. Your Dad and I talked Pontiacs and wagons for years. (I drive the green '67 that's around town and talked to you on the phone not too long ago...)

Again, sorry for your loss, but I'm sure he'd be proud that you are going to keep it on the road.

Thad

13. v8ao96

v8ao96 Active Member

Hey teej I'm surprise u know my dad. This is awsome. I sent u a msg. Right now I'm planning to do some work on the car. Fix afew things. Gonna look around to get it panted or maybe leave it the way it is? And probably gonna change whe rims and tires. Ill keep the updates coming.

14. v8ao96

v8ao96 Active Member

Hey 59wagonman. Do u know what week or date they do those concert or car show? in lakeland area.

15. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    What a great coincidence that teej knew your dad, v8! And you live close to one another. You couldn't have a better guy living close to you than teej...he knows those Ponchos like the back of his hand.
    If I may, I will make the suggestion that you find the engine miss and get the car mechanically right before spending money on cosmetics. The miss could be a lot of different things and should be addressed first IMHO. I hope it's something simple in the ignition. Good luck and keep us posted. This is a great story.:thumbs2::yup: