New Guy here - Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by erik, Jan 6, 2013.

1. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Erik. I notice the 86 has Chev brake lamp lenses on it. Are you sure it was originally a wood grain car? That was an option, so not all of them had it. Quite a number left the factory without the dy-noc wood grain. Your Grandfather's 81 looks really neat. Always did love that 81 front end. Take a look at the car that Krash Kadillak on here just bought. He has an 81 Bonneville, which is the American equivalent. 81s are not common.

What part of Hamilton are you in? I'm around Sherman and Barton. I had to scrap the 78 Thunderbird, which broke my heart. Now, I have the 78 Grand Marquis in my avatar. Had it on the road a week, and a rod bearing went, so she's banging away to beat the band. Looking for an engine now, if you know anyone with a good 400 Ford engine hanging around. I envy you that driveway! Wish I had the space to park even one car off the street!

Be sure to keep us up to date with the plans and work on the wagons, and the rest of the fleet, too, for that matter. Looks like a LOT of fun to be had.

Michael.

2. erik

erik Member

Wagon Garage:

Hey yes the car was originally woodgrain I bought it painted black. I'm trying to get it on the road in the next few weeks. I will keep my eye open for a 400 motor. I live off of Barton between Victoria and Wentworth. If you seen a green buick regal driving around or a hurst olds driving that's me I'm sure you will see my wagon driving since we live so close.

3. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Eric , Welcome and good luck with your resto

4. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Erik: If you see a dove grey 78 Grand Marquis, that's mine, although right now I'm driving Ma's light blue 1990 Volvo 240 wagon. I'm falling in love with the wagon, especially now I got the tire situation sorted. Still miss Bertha, though. Have to get her going soon!

5. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome Erik! Very cool story, being able to buy your Grandfather's wagon back. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

6. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome erik!

7. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My Fellow Canadians! (Diefenbaker's 1958 Victory speech intro) The french version was a riot! "Vos Vaux sont apres chiers dans l'ouest! You're cows are crapping in the West! He meant to say, "Your votes are appreciated in the West! :biglaugh: Canadian History that the Conservatives don't want surfacing and the Liberals dare not use.:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Anyway, welcome aboard, Erik. The other little-known piece of Canadian History, is that the Prairies still don't use much road-salt and didn't start until 1965, unlike Ontari-airy-airy-O, where I also grew up (Bowmanville and Oshawa, and... Stoney Creek!

And if you're interested, you might find this place interesting. He also sells cars from North and South Dakota, as well as Sask. Road Salt doesn't work below -15 C. That's why the real old iron horses still survive.

http://www.callingallcars.ca/

Welcome and enjoy!

8. erik

erik Member

Wagon Garage:
    thanks i like your 83. my first wagon was a 83 caprice i do miss her :(

9. erik

erik Member

Wagon Garage:

thanks i will check that out. im in hamilton right next to stoney creek. yes unfortunatly salt has killed off almost all our cars out here

10. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the SWF, Erik. Sorry I missed your intro earlier.
    We'll have to compare notes on our '81's.....
    [​IMG]

Mine's got around 22,000 original miles. I think I'm the third owner. Original Olds 307 drivetrain. Is your engine the same thing? A few small issues - power locks not working, broken rear bumper filler, headliner needs to be replaced, etc...... Need to get some better sound in it, too.

I'd like to see a pic of your instrument panel area- particularly what switches you have above the HVAC controls. I've two switches - one for the rear defroster, one for the rear window. You should have at least those, maybe more.
    [​IMG]

Good to have you here.

Marshall

11. erik

erik Member

Wagon Garage:
    thats an awsome car. mine is the canadian version.lol i will get you a picture of my interior as soon as i can. i have some other buttons in my dash i think. the car was originally my grandfathers since new. and it went to another guy before i could get it but then i tracked it down so i got it back. i have the 305 in mine for a motor.my paint is faded now. bumper filler is cracked. if you end up wanting to sell your radio i want it lol. i think our grills are a bit different. i have a photo from the previous owner of it. still isnt as nice when my grandfather babied it but once i restore it, it will look perfect again as i remember it when i was a kid. do you have the third row in your car?? 6049307329_c8e42a0be8_z.jpg

12. erik

erik Member

Wagon Garage:
  13. Dewey Satellite

Dewey Satellite New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the forum Erik! I also missed your first post. :Welcome:

14. erik

erik Member

Wagon Garage:
    86 poantiac wagon

here are a few shots of my 86 pontiac wagon.i am still debating if i should sell it or not. 20130110_163149.jpg 20130110_163207.jpg 20130110_163113.jpg 20130110_163219.jpg i am going to take a few of my 81 when i dig her out

15. erik

erik Member

Wagon Garage:
    hey i need a radio llike that. blah! cant find one anywhere! lol. im going to start stripping the car soon and restore it all. cant wait im very excited

[​IMG]