New guy here, 88 Buick Electra Estate Wagon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by DidUTouchMe, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Erik Boattail

Erik Boattail Menior Sember

Buick was known for not putting full-option models in their sales brochures.

Here are model year 1967 Rivieras in advertisements, without cornering lights, vinyl roof, GS option package and one without the Rallye wheels:

[​IMG][​IMG] < Click thumbnails [​IMG]

2. DidUTouchMe

DidUTouchMe New Member

Wagon Garage:
    i guess it don't have the cornering lights then. my bad. but has everything else other then the astroroof. but here's some more pics i got the keys out finally.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  3. Erik Boattail

Erik Boattail Menior Sember

Did you check my options list ?
    I see a few other options missing, just by looking at the outside of your car.

4. DidUTouchMe

DidUTouchMe New Member

Wagon Garage:
    what other options am i missing then?

5. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

I'd closely read the options list on the other page, there are alot of options I see listed that your wagon and mine do not have....

Leather, electronic instumentation (digital dash), 60/40 split seat with ram rest "storage box", auto power antena, anti theft, and thats just a few.

Is your passenger door miror power? My control for it is in the bottom left corner beside the radio, I don't se one in your pic.

One thing I do not see on the option list is a interiour lite for the third seat erea. I noticed in your pics you have one, mine did not and I thought that was strange. I lucked out and found one, the headliner material was covering the hole for it and the wiring was there.

Some body got a bit lazy on the production line with mine??

6. DidUTouchMe

DidUTouchMe New Member

Wagon Garage:
    mine does have a power antenna but it's broke, i have a new one for it just gotta put it in. i need to redo my headliner the guy before me just took a stapler to it where it was sagging. Mine has the anit-theft but i already took that out to make room for other wires and such. i tend to take off certain parts off cars that are older like that. still tryin to talk my mom into removing her old analog Onstar unit from her car. but i put the new hose, and fixed the thermostat and started it up today and it runs like a champ now. lol whoever put the last thermostat on had the lil bracket next to it under the thermostat causing the leak. now i just have to get a new tire for the front and put plates and insurance on it and start driving it. :) but of coarse i'm still gonna change plugs and wires and filters and new distributor cap on it.

oh and after i put the new hose on air filter intake, my code 34 went away. no my passenger mirror isn't power but there is spot to mount the controls and i could install one if i could find one. but i'll worry bout all the minor details after i get it running right. i already have to fix the seats in the middle row. the lil arm is broke off on the back of the seat. and for some reason they took the driver seat belt receptor end and the middle passenger lap belt out. so luckily my friend had one laying around that is exactly like the others. now what would be the fix for my middle row of seats? when i go to put them upright, the passenger side clicks in but the drivers side doesn't?

would a grill from a Buick Grand National fit on this??? i have one sittin at my grandpas in the barn.

7. TopherS

TopherS Well-Known Member

Keep in mind when comparing your cars to the option list that the list is referring to wagons AND sedans. Some of the options don't apply to both models, such as the electronic instrumentation. The sedans (FWD) did have the digital dash as an option (I nearly bought a 1990 Electra Park Avenue with the digital dash). The wagons never had that option. So you're probably not missing as many options as you think. you all probably have very well-equipped wagons. :)

I, too, noticed that Ryan's wagon doesn't have the cornering lamps...which is interesting because it has the lamp monitors, twilight sentinel and auto-temp control. The auto-temp control is somewhat common, lamp monitors can be, too. Twilight Sentinel is not nearly as common. To see a car with all of these options is somewhat rare...but without cornering lamps...that's even more rare. Those were the days when one could order a car with only the options they wanted and didn't have to settle for one of the "option packages".

8. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

IMO there is no such thing as a "fully optioned" car just a "well optioned" car, thats why back in the day we had options. Just refering to these wagons, you could not fully option a car because some options eliminatd others.

9. 89 Custom Cruiser

89 Custom Cruiser DIY guy

Wagon Garage:
    Hey Man!

Nice Buick Electra. I have a 87 Pontiac Safari now. Doing the body on it as we speak. Good luck on your ride they are great for a lot of really cool things!

10. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    1-...:Welcome:
    2- not true about the LED's....it all comes down to the style of the LED's versus the design of refraction in your lenses.
    I tried the ones that i sell in my 64...couldnt even tell they were on!!
    so i tried them in my 63...the park lights looked like brake lights!!!:dancing:

...theres a butt load of different designs for the LED bulbs...keep tryin till you find one that works....i know its confusing...but that the long and short.:D

3-...did i say :Welcome:?.....;)

11. Pinkie

Pinkie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    MIne is a three piece, two ends and the middle is a full length piece across the midle section.