New from PS with new project

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Rocket Sled, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Rocket Sled

Rocket Sled Member

My name is Blake and i live in Hanover PA. I've been lurking on here for some time and now i finally got a project i can post up.

Some years ago i acquired a 61 Falcon 4 door.

[​IMG]

well it slowly got to be to much of a project for my budget and time to allow so thanks to the HAMB i started looking for another path.

Seeing pics of falcon wagons on the HAMB really made me fall in love with them so over the past year i have been off and on looking for the right car. I needed one that was as cheap as possible but fairly complete and i found exactly that when i saw one pop up on craigslist. It was a 61 base model 4 door with no motor or trans but otherwise complete which was perfect since the running gear on mine was in excellent condition. And the best part, the car was only an hour away.

the guy shot me some pics and decided to roll the dice, loaded up the truck and trailer and headed out.

Here is what she looked like when i got there

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I looked over her real good and amazingly enough the only really bad rust was in the rear 1/4s

so after haggling a bit on the price i handed over 500 beans, got the title notarized, loaded her up and headed home

once home i got a real good look at her

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

other than the 1/4 the worst bit of rust I found was the drivers floor

[​IMG]

a far cry from my other car that has no floors at all

this thing has a **** ton of undercoating on it! some places are over an inch thick!!

[​IMG]

other good things are the hood and engine compartment are almost rust free

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the bad, both quarters are toast and the pass side was already hacked off including the wheel house:mad:

[​IMG]

and the interior is pretty trashed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but the cargo area looks solid

[​IMG]

and one last thing of interest

[​IMG]

I know what you are thinking, what the hell is on the gauge cluster? well you know every car has a history, apparently the car was purchased new in Delaware, in 88 it was re-titled in PA, sometime between 91 and 92 it was in a flood completely over the roof:eek: what you see is the watermarks left by the receding water. it seems after the flood the engine, trans and gas tank were pulled with the notion of fixing it but it was pushed in a barn and left there until the gut i bought it from pulled it out about a year ago. I believe that's why it's in as good of shape as it is.

right now the plan is to swap all the good stuff from my car into this and get it running. then do the body work, maybe shave the handles, and get it tagged and inspected so i can drive it. I'll also be asking for pics of the missing spare tire well so i can try to recreate it.

My wife thinks I'm nuts but i extremely happy