New from NC

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by irace2win41, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

2. irace2win41

irace2win41 New Member

That is a great looking wagon. I just ran into a bit of a crisis (actually this whole year has been one). My Jetta Turbo trans decided to die today. So, I've got to address that first then resume my search. Or, I could sell the Jetta and find a wagon as a daily driver. I really really hate the Jetta. Did I say I hate the Jetta!!! :banghead3:

There is a 92 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon for around $3000 that looks really nice. That's about what I'd spend fixing the Jetta transmission:

[​IMG]

3. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

Gee, sort of sounds like how I feel about my Passatt.

4. irace2win41

irace2win41 New Member

Jim, too funny. Let's just say this is my first and last VW. :cry: Back to the 60's for me. Actually there's a 65 Ford Ranch Wagon I'm thinking of going to look at this week. Have to wait and see. Really was looking for a Chevy but this Ford looks pretty straight.

5. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Rod, welcome aboard the Wagonitis Clinic! So far, nobody flew over the cookoo's nest! :Welcome:

Fannie, fannie. We all know our wives are smarter, don't be so humble.:biglaugh::biglaugh: Do you ever see HWMBO? Nope! Its always SWMBO!:rofl2::rofl2:

6. Bigbarneycars

Bigbarneycars Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome:irace. Now calm down an slow down young man, Theirz more Long Roofs out there then any of have got room for or $ to aquire:(:D Did yah ever see ah two headed chicken tryin' tah pick up corn? Nothin' getz picked up an the poor critter starvez tah death 'cuz he don't know which way tah point hiz pecker:rofl2: You're on the rite track with the rite crowd, you're retired, you got the rest of your life, now go forth an spend. Don't matter if it'z ah Bowtie, Blue Oval, or ah Pentastar, They'z all long roofs an we love 'um:clap::clap::clap:

7. irace2win41

irace2win41 New Member

You're right. I've never seen a car I didn't love. Planning on waiting for the right car. In no big hurry. Still finishing my cafe racer and some work around the house. We'll see what comes up in the next few months....

8. irace2win41

irace2win41 New Member

After my daily VW Jetta gave up the ghost it was as good of a time as any to pick up a wagon as a daily. So, I committed to buying a 79 Malibu Wagon with a 350 with 350 trans, cragars, Comp T/As, custom interior and some other goodies. This was an older restoration but was a good buy. I'm getting more pictures from the seller tomorrow then its off to pick it up later this week....now my dogs have a new ride!!

The seller has all receipts for the restoration, motor and trans were new when installed, custom door panels, custom interior, High Def Stereo, etc. May need a repaint pretty soon.

Guess I'm in the club now.

Here's a couple of pics from the ad...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Congrats on the wagon and :Welcome:....Dogs?, what dogs?, what kind?, pics??:D

10. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    congrats with the wagon:dancing:...that didn't take long...very exciting for you:)

11. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    From the pix and your description ... THAT sounds like a SUPER wagon!

12. irace2win41

irace2win41 New Member

Thanks guys and gals. I'm pretty excited. I'm sure I'll have a lot to do when I get her home. My dogs are two black Labs (Lady and Precious). Totally spoiled and have me around their paws....:)

I'll post some new pics when I get back later in the week.

Thanks again for all the inspiration on this forum. Already looking at new wheels and tires (thinking 17" torq thrust all around)....

Rod

13. Roadking41A

Roadking41A Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Asylum :evilsmile: I'm not to far away In Winston myself. Nice to have another NC member here.

14. irace2win41

irace2win41 New Member

Roadking, thanks for the welcome. Anytime you want to come over and help put this beast in the right direction you're more than welcome!! :bigsmile:

Can't pick up the car until next Saturday. So, driving up Friday and will pick up the car and pull her home on Saturday. The seller sent me some more pictures....and let's just say it's a bit rougher than it looked. But, I gave him my word so I'll pick her up.

Will need paint, lowering, quite a bit of interior work. Gives me a canvas to make her my own...:slap:

15. irace2win41

irace2win41 New Member

Well back to the drawing board. After looking at the new pictures the seller sent I decided to pass on this one. It would take a lot of work to get it somewhere close to be what I want. Am looking for something a bit nicer for around the same price or a bit higher. Will keep all my long roof companions updated as I go. :)

Thanks
    Rod