My latest brainwave on fuel.

Discussion in 'Fuel Economy & Emissions' started by Stormin' Norman, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That's the trouble with growing up. When we're young, we think we know it all until life shows us we know nothing, and then we get older and hang on to the old rules to help us understand the changes going on in our world. All that learning to find out they were only signs along the highway of living. Signs are only good for the place where they stand.

Compressed Air engine... that's interesting.

Let me throw this idea out for discussion. So far our vehicles have all been built with stored energy or stored fuel (gasoline, diesel, etc.), AFTER the horse and buggy days (late 1800's) Before that, a live animal served as the 'engine'. What's the next quantum leap?

We left the horse and buggy days for ease of use, convenience (you don't need to feed it or put a saddle and bridle on the car.) Then we found we could get speed from it, and we could haul more tonnes in one load.

Now, the Stored Fuel systems are being manipulated by monopolistic opportunists, and another concept of motive power is required to avoid these kinds of impacts on the 'Pursuit Of Happiness' (actually in the US Constitution as a citizen's Right.)

What can be used or developed to fuel motive power, without changing from a known monopoly, to an unknown monopoly? That's about as generic as I can state the goal. :D