Hoping to buy the 58 Yeoman Wagon I saw

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by olddragcars, Aug 18, 2014.

1. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Great day at the sale! That Plymouth is the same set up as our 1941 Ford 2-door. Looks much the same from the photo. Only thing I had to do to help steering was to order a power steering pressure kit to reduce the pressure. My Ford was a bit too sensitive at first.
    Your wife will love that sedan. Room for kids and groceries and being a 40 Plymouth quite different than the others at the cruise ins.
    I really love the wagon. That engine just makes it so much sweeter. I could have bought a rebuilt 409 for my 55 Chevy and didn't want to spend the money. Dang me!

2. rollinOLDrollinODD

rollinOLDrollinODD New Member

the guy that sold me my safari had one of those on his lot a few years ago and sold it but it needed a full front end seeing that it was hacked off with a torch.

3. olddragcars

olddragcars New Member

Wagon Garage:
    That's what I like about the Plymouth and the wagon, you don't see a lot of them. When we were bringing the wagon home yesterday we stopped for lunch at Hardees and we didn't even make it inside before people wanted to look at the car and talk about it. After we ate we got up to leave and a man yelled out, "do you own that cool wagon out back" and I proudly said "yes sir". Driving around in both cars will be a lot of fun. Today I plan on washing it, going through the parts, and making a a list of all the little things I need to do.

img_0607.jpg img_0608.jpg

4. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Hardees' my favorite fast food joint. Biscuits-n-gravey! :2_thumbs_up_-_anima
    That wagon looks super fine. Good thing the bumpers were off. Looks like it was a tight fit on the trailer.:clap:

My trailer is 18' without those metal sides. Also heavy duty. Now for the dumb questions.:confused: Is there a removeable section on the other side to get the door open?
    What in the world is that PVC pipe on there for? Is that the automatic car wash?
    Inquiring mental minds want to know.

My favorite Chevy wagons are all 2-doors. 1956-58- or 59. So I own a 55!

5. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Looks like it's serving as conduit for the tail light wiring.......

6. busterwivell

busterwivell Bill, AZ Geezer

My trailer is a 20 footer. It's a tilt bed (no ramps). Fenders are removable on both sides, and no side rails. Best trailer I've ever owned.

7. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    I bought my 18' commercial flat bed from a distant farmer relative. I really should have gotten something lighter, lower, and with a different hook up. I've had this one just over 20 years now but it was only used to move here then just a few more times since.
    The wood deck rotted out years ago and my son "borrowed" some of my fence boards to make temporary deck. It only has the front raised as the picture. My wiring goes under the frame and it has four wheel electric brakes. But it sets so high I sometimes had trouble loading and unloading with the super heavy removeable ramps.
    First thing I had to do in Florida was dig a ramp which is still here. Comes in handy at times. I had four foot side boards and top bows so it looked like a grain trailer and was waterproof to haul cars and important junk.
    What I don't like is the heavy duty commercial type ball connector. It's a finger grabber.
    As a side note. On another car site there was a photo of a hotrod backed on the trailer. A member made a note that it is unsafe to haul a car backward because it causes fish tailing and other problems. Never did it and never even thought about it not being safe. I can see that this would increase the weight on the rear. As mentioned before, we want more weight at the front of the trailer than behind the wheels.

8. olddragcars

olddragcars New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I like Hardees for the $5.00 chicken strips combo!
    Krash Kadillak wins the prize for the purpose of the conduit, although an automatic car wash would be nice, it's for the tail light wiring. The trailer belongs to my friend RED, the wiring was his idea. All I have is a little 4x6 and I know the wagon definitely would not fit on there!

9. olddragcars

olddragcars New Member

Wagon Garage:

That would be SO MUCH EASIER........I'd love one like that

10. BillT

BillT Well-Known Member

Nice car !!

I'm an 'ol '58 fan from years back. My first car was a '58 Nomad with a 348, 3-Speed. Once I discovered that they made a 2-Dr Yeoman, I always wanted to bolt my Nomad parts onto one. I see that your car has a Nomad Tail Gate.

Keep us posted on it.

Bill

11. olddragcars

olddragcars New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hello Bill,
    Yes the car does have the Nomad tailgate and the extra chrome above the drip rail. There is also a Nomad script on the glove box. They should have made the Nomad out of the 2 door Yeoman wagon in the first place!

12. BillT

BillT Well-Known Member

I agree. Even though they dropped the special designed body style from the '57, they should have at least dressed up the 2-Dr they did offer.

Someone actually made a '58 Nomad 2-Dr the way the factory would had if they continued on with the special designed body. The pictures have been floating around the net. Have you had a chance to see it yet?

13. olddragcars

olddragcars New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I haven't seen it but I will do, a search and see if I can find it. I did do a search for 1958 Chevy Nomad and saw photos of several "2-door Nomads".

14. BillT

BillT Well-Known Member

15. olddragcars

olddragcars New Member

Wagon Garage: