Greetings from Central PA

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by thereverendbill, Aug 29, 2011.

1. thereverendbill

thereverendbill New Member

Wagon Garage:
    i am hoping that once i sign a lease that i can bring enough work through for it to pay for it's self. the dream is that i can get enough restorations to do to accualy leave the crap hole body shop i work in, but i am dreaming there cause noone in this area has any money

2. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Your area is not unique.:D

3. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

:Welcome: to the wagon addicts train of joys! There is a guy here in Joplin that has a 2-tone blue eagle wagon that looks exactly like the one you showed earlier... well except for the difference in colour that is.

I have a picture some where of a white station wagon from the 70s (?) taken in a town over in your area... Centralia, PA.

4. thereverendbill

Wagon Garage:
    digging through photobucket i found a few pictures of the twins (not identical but same year same color) ..... enjoy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

Like the one on the right in the second picture, but blue. It spends most of its time in the drive way but I see out on the road once in a while. Certainly a beautiful series.

6. thereverendbill

Wagon Garage:
    the one on the right is my pride and joy of the fleet. a 1983 limited wagon with all of the power options (even mirrors since I installed them)
    [​IMG]
    the engine upgrades i have done to the car is aluminum valve cover, GM HEI distributor, Motorcraft 2150 carb, and I got rid of all of the emissions equip.
    The plans for the winter is going to be to upgrade the head to a 4.0 head and add a header. right now the car is getting high 20s mpg around town and after the head change i am hoping for about 10 more mpg (this is in 4wd year round)

7. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

It's always good to see some one taking care of their wagon(s), even more so when there is improvements involved. Good work! (y)

8. thereverendbill

Wagon Garage:
    yup, I do love my wagon. sadly next month is the last month it will be on the road before winter storage and I will be forced to use my 94 cherokee for daily driver duties (I'd rather see the salt destory that than my eagles)

9. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

I understand completely. When they actually make an effort to clear the roads here about half the time the use salt and then they use almost all of it. This last winter when we got the local disaster level of 2 feet of snow they didn't have enough salt because they used almost all of it on a 3-4 inch snow earlier. Every body's vehicles looked filthy with salt and and road debris. When it is warm enough I will clean my car myself, otherwise we go to a local drivethru car wash. Hey I don't suppose you know anybody who is looking for a car to buy do ya? :) :rofl2:

10. thereverendbill

Wagon Garage:
    amc eagle? I can get the word out on the eagle nest forum if needed (I am not allowed to buy anymore eagles till the kammback is finished with it's restore and i get closer to getting the SX/4 lifted and painted ..... boss/wife's orders) :(

11. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

No sorry. My car, though truthfuly it is a good car, is not a wagon... 2003 kia optima lx. I have spent almost as much to fix it as I did buying it. It is a much better car than it once was. But you don't want it. It can handle snow and ice really well... Or at least I can handle it really well on snow and ice... Tell your not so good friends about it. :)

12. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Gotta tell you, Xav...you are a great salesman!;):biglaugh:

13. thereverendbill

Wagon Garage:
    if it isn't an inline 6 (or had the option of an inline 6) I am not interested. I get the jokes all the time at work that I should have been born in the 60s cause my taste in cars is very dated. Everytime I take the wagon out I get the usual smart alick comment "heck, i would have gotten a mustang or a camaro instead of that" my usual reply to those people "if this was a mustang or camaro would you have noticed it?" most people just admit their defeat and walk away. Sometimes (very rare occasion) people agree.

Good luck selling your kia though

14. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

Aw shucks! :oops:

You should see me when I am actually trying.

Hey Reverend Bill, I'm curious as to how much all the engine upgrades are gonna cost when all is said and done.?. if you know. And how difficult was it to get the parts and do the work? Are you doing it all yourself? Sorry... got a little carried away there with the questions and all. I would love to have a fleet some day, and I have to admit that the Eagles are some damn fine looking wagons.
    If I could have my own fleet right now I think I would like to have an 80s Colony Park (or 2), an 80s Mercury Marquis wagon (or 10), a few hearses, a first call/coroner's wagon, a flower car, a couple of Volvos wagons (at least one of which being a diesel), and an Eagle wagon. That's my list so far. I would probably rent out all but one of the hearses and the flower car to funeral homes. The coroners wagon I think I would keep to myself. And that is just what I would keep stock... aside from mechanical improvements. Now my Dooms Day Fleet :evilsmile: that is a slightly different story...

15. thereverendbill

Wagon Garage:
    I am into everything right now about a thousand bucks (dist. valve cover, carb, oil pan, trans) The head swap is going to run me about 50 bucks for the gasket set (I buy cherokees i see sitting and part them out) The header is going to run about 400 bucks unless I can find a stock split manafold from a 00-01 cherokee. I do everything myself cause I just can't seem to find an auto repair shop that i can look at their work and be happy with.

Also i am very cheap when it comes to all of my upgrades. My GM dist i got from an ebay seller skipwhiteperformance and it came complete with the correct bronze gear (and is all billet, that shocked me) for right under 70 bucks shipped to my door. the valve cover is a used ebay item that i picked up for 30 bucks plus shipping (i was the only bidder) and then I spent some time painting it black

[​IMG]
    this is what the valve cover looked like when I got it in the mail
    [​IMG]
    this is that i ended up with while watching football (steelers lost that game)

this is what i started with a little over a year ago with the wagon
    [​IMG]