Fuel Separation Systems in Diesel Trucks

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by Ace74, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Ace74

Ace74 New Member

Is anyone here familiar with fuel separation systems like Fass Fuel? I am planning to install one on my other vehicle, a diesel pickup truck. What are its benefits?

2. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    The only benefit I can think of is for the manufacturer's shares and for your jeans, since a lighter wallet won't wear out your pockets so fast.
    Starting problems are consistant with other factors such as failing glow plugs and failing board electronics.
    I've heard about programmed obsolesense, concerning fuel pumps. But, I think that's just hearsay.
    It's important to keep regular maintenace. Especially, religiously keeping oil change intervals, on Diesels.
    If you're worried about getting contaminants into your fuel, simply don't fill up your vehicles when the station itself is getting filled up. If you're heating your home with oil, that's the best way to avoid contaminants, because you know exactly when the tank was filled. It's illegal to use heating oil for motorvehicles in many countries. It might be that way, in your state. The risk of getting caught might be minimal. But if caught, it's a severe bust