Farmer's Insurance Ad

Discussion in 'Station Wagons in the Movies and other Media' started by CustomCruiser90, May 7, 2013.

1. CustomCruiser90

CustomCruiser90 Well-Known Member

'80s Chrysler Woodie in Farmer's Insurance Ad

Has anyone seen the latest Farmer's tv ad with the beautiful little red Town and Country wagon in it? It goes into a power slide into someones yard and ends with some teenage boy behind the wheel. I can't find a link on YouTube either. Too new maybe?

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Saw it a night or two ago....
    Same wagon as the mom-wagon in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Wagon starts spinning on the street, goes through a white picket fence and stops on the lawn. Looked to me like there were some sort of CGI or special effects of some kind, because the wagon came to a stop literally within a foot or so of 2 actors standing in the scene - and they didn't flinch. The wagon also didn't seem to bounce at all as it rotated arpound and over the curb, onto the lawn.

3. CustomCruiser90

I figured whatever they did was something that wouldn't damage the car. They also had that commercial a few months ago with the K Car convertible in their lab hooked up to test equipment.

4. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    ...With dual airbags, which that vintage K did not have at all.

5. BlueVista

BlueVista Well-Known Member Charter Member

I saw that commercial on TV so I paused and rewound the DVR and checked it out. That isn't a lawn the car goes across, it's concrete painted green, the running sprinkler adds to the fake grass effect. The squealing tires when its going across the "grass" wouldn't happen but it sounds good. The car is bouncing all over the place and the whole front end comes off the ground too, the left front tire is squashed to the wheel when it hits that "lawn". The car is a good six feet from the guys standing there when it stops too. That stunt would be a piece of cake for a pro driver to do all day and not hit those guys, they may have been added with CG but the younger guy sure looks like he's getting ready to jump if it didnt go right. The car stunt is real, it even says ''Professional driver on closed course. Do not attempt" on the screen.'
    Like they care what happens to that car.:rofl:

6. CustomCruiser90

:yup:Thanks for clarifying that BlueVista. I don't have any recording devices hooked up to my television for now, thanks for doing the in depth investigation! That car is someone's baby, and they likely have to pay damages:yup:

7. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for that, BV. I guess I didn't remember it correctly from my one viewing. I'll have to run it back like you did to check it out.

8. Serious Wood

Serious Wood New Member

It's an 85 Chrysler Town & Country 2.2 *TURBO*, much like my '87... (y)

It pains me greatly to see it abused like that.... :banghead3:

With proper massaging, the 2.2 turbo can make 500HP from 135 cubic inches, big fun.... :dance:

9. Taranau

Taranau Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    gamn ad men

The commercials that have been bothering me are for Orkin. All the six foot tall cockroaches drive really nice old American cars... Why can't cockroaches be driving Toyota's and Nissan's, like they're supposed to be?!?:cheers:

10. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    Saw it again last night and slo-mo'd it. Appears they sprayed down the street a bit to make the slide a bit easier. and although you can't see it, I'm pretty sure they built some sort of small ramp to smooth the transition from the street to yard level over the curb. Pretty sure the left front suspension would have folded over otherwise. The wagon looks basically undamaged at the end.