Falconmania

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by Unlovedford, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Unlovedford

Unlovedford New Member

Wagon Garage:
    A buddy of mine had a GT40 engine and wiring harness I wanted for one of my Torino wagons. "Unfortunately, I had to buy those things as a package deal from him. In that pile of parts was a '64 Falcon wagon. 53K miles since new. Got it home, needs too much, so I bought a '65 Falcon Squire wagon to build with the '64 parts. I had never fooled with Falcons, other than a '66 four door we drove for a while a couple of years ago, so it is going to be a learning curve, for sure. These little cars will scoot with a V8, and look great with nice wheels and fresh paint. Both are six bangers right now. Would like to keep the woodgrain trim and make it a bit of a sleeper.

Here's some pictures.

Attached Files:

2. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Looks like you've got a great starting point with some solid wagons. Looking forward to seeing how the Squire turns out.

3. Unlovedford

Unlovedford New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I may drive it to the Moonshine Festival in 2015 (along with a Torino, LOL).

4. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Good luck with your projects. Keep us informed as you go. I agree, this will be a fun driver.

5. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

They advertise a Moonshine Festival:confused: :dancing:

How unfortunate having to take that wagon along with the rest of the junk just to get an engine and a wiring harness, ;)

6. Unlovedford

Unlovedford New Member

Wagon Garage:
    LOL, yeah, that is what I thought. I hate to cut up a good old car like this, but it does have many useable parts. Interior is almost perfect, good front clip, 3 nice doors, good tailgate, radiator, tank, glass, floors, etc. Enough good parts to really upgrade the other to a nicer status. The main issue with the '64 is that the left rear door is rough and the left 1/4 is really rough. Enough to need replacement, so a parts car it becomes.

I love a Squire, always have, and a slick paint job with some creative handiwork on the woodgrain would make a nice old ride. The 170 is new, as is the C4, but a SBF with an AOD would fit nicely there.

7. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

As long as the Federal liquor taxes are paid, the Treasury Department doesn't give a rip. That's what all the hullabaloo with moonshiners has always been: they refuse to pay the taxation on the liquor, so Revenue agents ("Revenuers") would find and bust up the stills.

8. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    As Mary's little lamb said above, give the government enough money and anything is legal.
    Son recently told me he bought a few quarts of White Lightnin at our local Wally-World.