Criusin' in the 'Boat

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by LauraR49, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    You're in luck! Autozone has all the instructions and pictures for the Electra Instrument panel, and even the other stuff related to the Estate Wagons! There's a bit of a trick, though. You have to do a Free Registration.

This is the direct link to the Dash Pad removal. It may not work, because they use part of a cookie on my system. When you get logged in, you'll have to 'Add My Vehicle'. Once you do that, click on 'Vehicle Repair Guides' on the lefthand side menu. Then choose Body..., Then 'Interior...', then Instrument Panel and Pad. Your's is Figure 2.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/re...trument+Panel+And+Pad&partId=0900c152800b1860

Here's the Main Home page:
    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/homePage.jsp

2. LauraR49

LauraR49 New Member

Awesome!

Thanks! That is so awesome! (guess Bess wants fixin'!)
    Thanks so much! All your help is greatly appreciated. (Now to find the bank roll....:party:

3. LauraR49

LauraR49 New Member

question

How do I know what engine is in it???All I know is that it is a 350..:slap:

4. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Well-Known Member

A 350 is also a 5.7 litre in metric.

5. LauraR49

LauraR49 New Member

6. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Well-Known Member

It won't matter much unless you're looking for engine parts.
    EDIT:
    Maybe auto or manual transmission?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  7. LauraR49

LauraR49 New Member

hmmm

I think it is a 2bbl carburetor. It doesn't appear overly large...if I remember right(haven't gone outside to look).Just wondering how one tells what is what....:scratchchin:

8. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    Haven't kept up with the GM cars, but IIRC, the 350 looks a lot like a Chevy 327. Narrow valve covers, distributor near the firewall. The bigger engine (6.6L) is a 400 CID, and should have wider valve covers. You Vehicle Identification plate should have an Engine Code. Then you could check on that V8Buick.com site.

9. LauraR49

LauraR49 New Member

Thanks, Stormin' Norman

With a bit of insight from 'those in the know', someday, I might even start to comprehend all this car stuff,huh!:) Meanwhile, it is drizzling cold wet rain here....guess I have to tend to the other stuff of getting ready to move. How's the weather up there?(we're in the Rockies of Colo.)Seen any of the wet,cold,white stuff yet?

10. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    We don't even mention it, here, in case Old Man Winter hears us.:slap:

No, we're about 15 degrees above normal at 75F sunny, and for another 2 weeks, we hope.

11. LauraR49

LauraR49 New Member

hmmm

Lucky You! Send some of it,OK? Got a ton of stuff to do outside yet! Disassemble the workshop(the bldg. itself)among other things. Definitely need more warm dry weather!:2_thumbs_up_-_anima

12. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    You do recall that W.O.R.K. is a 4-letter word? Disassembling the workshop sound more like agony and anguish.

We cooled down to 47F last nite, but we're bouncing back up for a week or two more to the low 70's.

13. LauraR49

LauraR49 New Member

yeah,those darn 4 letter words!

Totally. The good thing is that I hadn't finished the roof- I had a few more trusses to make and install before putting the rest on...but- and no offense to all you guys- this is the third time now that I have had to dis-assemble the whole thing(I had hired 2 guys previously who did a complete botch job of the whole thing- no joke- ie.19 nails in one corner of the band joists... :slap:) So...I suppose when I re-assemble it this time, I will have to make it a tad smaller, which, of course, will be a lot of measuring,adjusting,cutting,blah,blah,blah. aught me, for sure, that if one wants a job done right, to do it oneself- and not assume that just because a guy claims to be a carpenter, they may not be a good carpenter. So, yes, it is definitely a four letter word project. Guess it is a good thing that we have other 4 letter words out there- love, kind, give,sing....
    All of this wouldn't be such a drag if we knew where we were going, had an income to make the move, or could find the lawyer who actually drew up John's Will to prove he had made arrangements for us to not have to ever move.... I have a little over 1 month to have a miracle manifest(or several).

14. LauraR49

LauraR49 New Member

yeah,those darn 4 letter words!

Totally. The good thing is that I hadn't finished the roof- I had a few more trusses to make and install before putting the rest on...but- and no offense to all you guys- this is the third time now that I have had to dis-assemble the whole thing(I had hired 2 guys previously who did a complete botch job of the whole thing- no joke- ie.19 nails in one corner of the band joists... :slap:) So...I suppose when I re-assemble it this time, I will have to make it a tad smaller, which, of course, will be a lot of measuring,adjusting,cutting,blah,blah,blah. aught me, for sure, that if one wants a job done right, to do it oneself- and not assume that just because a guy claims to be a carpenter, they may not be a good carpenter. So, yes, it is definitely a four letter word project. Guess it is a good thing that we have other 4 letter words out there- love, kind, give, sing....
    All of this wouldn't be such a drag if we knew where we were going, had an income to make the move, or could find the lawyer who actually drew up John's Will to prove he had made arrangements for us to not have to ever move.... I have a little over 1 month to have a miracle manifest(or several).
    And make for some delight, we had some of that white stuff appear a few days back- we had already hit 30 degrees on Aug 10! Last day of snow was June 11- we've had virtually no growing season left for the last 2 yrs.; and still have to contend with a mo. of flooding after the white stuff finally melts! Sounds like you are getting warmer weather than we are, even though we are hundreds of miles below you(as the world turns)!

15. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    You're at a high elevation then. Snow in August. :confused: Ma Nature is downright nasty all over the place.

You must have a Law Society or State list of licensed lawyers to track down the legal beagle.

How can anybody get 19 nails in one chunk of wood? Shoe tacks?:rofl2:

You sound like a western, pioneering type, so keep the heat on, and your right stuff will magnetize the rest of it to square stuff up properly. Well, except Ma Nature. She's smokin' some weird stuff lately.:rofl::rofl2: