67 Cutlass Wagon

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by Oldsmaniac, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Oldsmaniac

Oldsmaniac New Member

Well I registered last week and got a great welcome! Thanks to all! I saved this wagon from the crusher. The eastern shore got pounded by hurricane Sandy last fall and this car was partially submerged with river water. Luckily it was not salt water and the car dried out pretty good. The dash did not go under thanks to the front wheels being up on cinder blocks. The original 330 engine was out in the yard and it got totally submerged. I just pulled it apart and it seems like a rebuildable core. This is my goal for the winter, rebuilding the 330. i need to have the back of the crank drilled for a pilot bearing. If the 2 speed Jetaway is trash I am going to put a 3spd stick in it. Sorry but updates will be slow in coming as I have 2 other projects in the works half started. If this car was not headed to the crusher I prob would not have purchased it although it is a cool car! I am an Olds freak so that did not help either!. The car has AC, tinted glass, rare shoulder belts, posi rear. It has the remote side mirror. The car has a black interior and minor rot. Pictures are already posted in the welcome thread so it wont let me post them here. Thanks for listening!

2. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

Welcome again! See Brandon's(vetteman61) thread on his Clam to get an idea of the amount of info, quality of reporting, we demand :rulez: here on SWF(just kidding!). Seriously, we'd all appreciate any info/pics you'd like to share in your restore process. I personally like Olds I suppose because of the 63 F85 Deluxe wagon we had when I was a kid. :wave:

3. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Excellent another resto begins

I copied your pics, thought it might be easier to compare all those resto pics your going to post. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Oldsmaniac

Oldsmaniac New Member

:evilsmile:Thanks! But now my Patina is showing!

5. Oldsmaniac

Oldsmaniac New Member

No I did not get lost I am just finishing up an earlier project. The 330 for the wagon has been machined and all parts are ready to begin assembly. The heads were redone but still need to clean the intake, oil pan, brackets etc and paint. As soon as I get started on the engine assembly I will try and get some pictures. The rear bumper is at the chrome shop and I found a really nice front bumper. I have all parts to do the 3 speed stick converson. I did remove some side trim araound rear glass and see there are some holes to patch, no worrries here... I hope to update the build soon!