'64 impala wagon

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by dutchys68belairwagon, Aug 6, 2011.

1. dutchys68belairwagon

dutchys68belairwagon New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Picked up my side glass and tailgate window today (had them limo-tinted)
    Installing the tailgate glass was a piece of cake…, only sad thing is that it was scratched on the inside were the foil goes on……so that shows a little on the outside:camera:
    When your in the car, looking out, it doesn't show the damaged line in the middle.:yup:[​IMG]
    .[​IMG]

Side glass will have to wait few days……….ordered special adhesive that will come in on friday, and wife was in surgery today, so gotta get my butt to the hospital to give her some support and have the dogs to take care off.

..also ordered a new wiper motor for the wagon………pppppffffftt, wasn't cheap, but with the beautiful weather here in the Netherlands it's a must have and must work.:)

>>Still looking for a tailgate window crank for my '64 Impala<<

2. MrMister

MrMister New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Are you going to have your wagon flat black? That tinting looks bad a**.
    Seeing your wiper motor reminds me of my wagon. Oh GM.

3. dutchys68belairwagon

Wagon Garage:
    Yep, flat black is it..;) for me.
    but with the red accents as you can see on previous posts. first goal is to get my plates so i can cruise..:yippee:, ( i really need it) ..then fur sure a fresh respray. I did the tailgate at home and installed it later in the rebuild.
    About the windows..i'm happy the way they came out on the vintage glass,
    and for sure i can hide some major fold or scratch with a sticker..;)
    The door glass will be done in a much lighter tint when the wagon gets it respray…but all in time, no worries

still to come but already on the shelf..air ride, and front disc brakes.

>>still looking for a tailgate window crank for my '64 impala<<

4. dutchys68belairwagon

Wagon Garage:
    new wipermotor came in on saturday, and installed the thing……..:bouncy:now my wipers start and stop as they should do.:yahoo:[​IMG]

Also made a new cover for the inside of the tailgate..(original one is missing)…as we get the wagon on the road, the dogs will go along to….and they need a spot to land on when they jump in…
    Picked up a large piece of aluminum sheet (2mm) and cut to fit..easy peasy.[​IMG][​IMG]
    …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    Modified the space behind the gas door, for my propane connector..
    (you don't wanna know, how many folks drill a hole in their car-body or bumper to get this thing installed:slap:)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

..still no succes on the side glass……..the super-adhesive did not come in yet…..bummer.

>>Still looking for a tailgate window crank for my '64 impala<<

5. dutchys68belairwagon

Wagon Garage:
    Got my side-glass installed today…did have to be a bit creative, 'cause there wasn't much help around…but as you can see……..it worked:1st:
    Anyone up for the same job……..let me know, i have the installation kit:lolup:

.[​IMG]
    .[​IMG]

Scored a nice hula-girl at the tattoo convention last weekend, thought it might look cool on my dash….

[​IMG]

…isn't she sweet:lolup:

>>still looking for a tailgate window crank for my '64 impala<<

6. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    A great pictorial presentation, Paul. You are good with the cameras as well as the wrenches.:yup: Very interesting to follow and educational.
    I'm Really very sorry to hear about your wife's problem. I hope the surgery goes well and she is up and back with you soon. You and your wife are in my thoughts.

7. dutchys68belairwagon

Wagon Garage:
    thankx for the support and the comments………that was just what i needed..

..Phhoooohheeeeeeyy, what a week……wife is home after her surgery, all went well, but she needs to rest as much as she can…youngest dog couldn't hold his food inside anymore, took him to the vet, made some photo's and hoppa…….just in time and straight into surgery……..dumbass swallowed a piece of bone 2inches long, 1.5 inch in diameter….blocked his complete plumbing..well it's out and another one needs looking after.
    [​IMG]So the rest of the week i couldn't leave the house to work on the '64 at the shop…
    Luckily i have the luxury that the '68 is parked in the garden, so i took out off it's cover and started of with a good wash (18 months of dust and other shop mess) It needs a few things mended before i can register again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Need to clean out the cargo/dog area and definitely need to get the front bench upholstered ..[​IMG]

Luckily we have had some nice sunny weather the last couple of days……....oh almost forgot to mention…….(y)
    after working on the car, my neighbor had a buddy over who came on his Harley…….hearing all that sweet rumble in our street, i had to get mine out….just for a run up and down the street…Frickin' awesome :):rofl::)[​IMG]

Now it's saturday night…my battery is dead, so time for some dvd's and relaxing on the couch..:cheers:

Hope all you folks have a good weekend too….

8. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    With all your troubles....you got a lot of moxy, pal! Good for you and here's hoping that your wife is up and around very soon!:thumbs2:

9. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Yeah, hope your honey recovers fast:), also hope your pup pulls through!:yup:

10. dutchys68belairwagon

Wagon Garage:
    thx guys, appreciate the support.
    All went well this week, wife is recovering great (i need to tell her to take it easy 10 times a day:)) Our little Bully recovered great also, he's up and around like before, doing his naughty things again…..just needs his stitches removed on monday. GREAT:taz:

Still i didn't wanna leave the house to much, so i finished all the little items on the 68 Belair, had it approved and got it registered again after it was sitting for 18 months. Yipee, we have a V8 to cruise around in, again.:yup:

Bought some new carpet for the dog area, and got it cleaned out.
    Also found the original wheel dishes and rings, so i gave them a good cleaning and put them on …..[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

..hope i can make a road-movie this weekend when we take the dogs out…