63 Oldsmobile Fiesta

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by chevoldjp, Jan 30, 2017.

1. chevoldjp

chevoldjp Member

Purchased this last spring and posted in new members forum. Starting thread in projects now and am hoping this summer will be one of much progress. Since having "Rhonda" home I have mainly stripped the rat crap infested interior out and she has sat open air for several months of needed airing out. Just this past weekend I made a ten hour one way trip to Wisconsin and brought home a parts doner in the form of a 63 88 Holiday 4 door. Tons of quality pieces to spur this along including a Sky Rocket 394 with 4 bbl and a great front bumper. IMG_20160322_181526217.jpg $_1.JPG $_1 (1).JPG

ModelT1 and Grizz like this.
  2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

A 4-door postless sedan donating to a wagon? That's a switch! And that's great the wagon's named Rhonda. If the Holiday sedan is a 'postless,' do you think you might use the doors and set the wagon up as a 'postless' wagon?

3. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Wow, you're parts car looks like it is in incredible shape!
    Good luck with the project. Keep us updated on your progress.

4. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Good luck on Rhonda. Whenever I use other female names Dollie gets a strange look on her face.:oops:
    I wouldn't dare say "I'm going out to the garage to fool around with Rhonda.":biglaugh:

5. chevoldjp

chevoldjp Member

The concept of a post-less wagon has not escaped me, not ruling out possibility but have more o consider.

Parts car looks good from 20 ft but it is a Wisconsin car and really rusty. That said interior is a beaut front bumper is awesome as is all the stainless and did I mention the Sky Rocket under the hood...

Growing up my Grandfather always referred to his cars as female. You take care of them they take care of you. Therefore I consider my cars my girls. Rhonda refers to the Beach Boys in 1963 they were about to hit it big.

Monte is on the way to the circle track. I had no title. Obtained it in a three way trade and previous owner flaked on me so to the dirt it goes

6. chevoldjp

chevoldjp Member

Few more pics of the parts donor $_1 (3).JPG dash is sweet. Notice the park brake IMG_20170128_174438327.jpg never seen one with the light like this. Car does not have a/c but Rhonda came with it difference on where they were sold new. Carpet is even cleaning up to point I will use it. Has wear but it is only1963 once. You know what I mean. Exciting the senses the smell the feel the look. I very happy with this find .