1970 Ford Country Squire wagon - $25,000 (Santa Ana)

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Professor, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Professor

Professor Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  2. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

This would be a great car for Mercman Bill - but I don't think at 25g's. I think it's a no a/c car. Did you guys see the other rides he has pics of? Looks like maybe a 63-64 Oldsy wagon and a couple Caddys and in the background an Imperial and Mark III. Say what you will, but he does have pretty good taste in cars. That 60 Special is pretty sweet

3. ctrysquire

ctrysquire Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    A few points:
    • I can't help but think that the car has been repainted (door jambs notwithstanding). After 126,000 miles I wouldn't expect the paint to look this new.
    • The woodgrain has definitely been replaced. Although not bad looking, it's not authentic. The grain is different from the original, and it lacks the simulated plank lines. The authentic decal was being reproduced at one time, but I don't believe it is available any longer.
    • The dash pad has been "restored". I've seen a few of these "restorations" on cars posted on the forum, and I can't say I'm fond of the appearance. It's overstuffed, and the grain of the vinyl doesn't match the original. The color's off, too.
    • Moparandfomoco is correct, as far as I can see. No AC. Kind of surprising for SoCal.
    • It's surprising that the car doesn't have the remote driver's door mirror. That was a very popular option on these cars. I'm not certain the mirrors are authentic; something about them looks off to me.
    • Super nitpick #1: The window crank knob on the rear door is red as it would have been originally with red interior. The one on the front door is black. These knobs are shared with Mustang, so authentic reproductions should be available.
    • Super nitpick #2: The antenna is a straight shaft type. The original antenna was telescoping. The cost of NOS units has shot through the roof.
    Overall, the car looks very nice as far as one can determine from the pictures in the listing. Obviously, for the asking price you'd want to put it under the microscope (for that kind of scratch, an electron microscope). I can't even begin to guess what this car is worth in today's market. I own a near twin to it (red with black interior), so I'll be very interested in what it eventually sells for.