1964 Dodge 880 Station Wagon Help

Discussion in 'General Automotive Tech' started by henrybud, Apr 5, 2020.

1. henrybud

henrybud New Member

My son and I just purchased a 1964 Dodge 880 Station Wagon. It has the rear glass but is missing all the guts and assembly for the power window inside the tail gate. We love the car, and want to come up with the best solution for the least amount of money. I'm sure this is a common question on the forum, but, like I said, I'm new! Any guidance on where to look, what to buy etc. is appreciated. We are open to using non original parts to make the tailgate window go up and down so we can at least use the tail gate! Thanks everyone. Larry Hammond in Rochester NY

Attached Files:

Grizz likes this.
  2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome Larry! Looks like a nice wagon you have there. I'm in the process of having the rear window motor (hopefully) repaired at the moment.

Here's a photo of the rear window motor:
    IMG_4373.JPG

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  3. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey Larry welcome to the forum! I'm sure someone around here can help you on your situation with your tail gate. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but if you don't know much about these old wagons you're going to find that a lot of parts are wagon specific and rare as hens teeth. Good luck with your search and hope somebody can help you out. By the way I live in Friendship Ny. so from one western New Yorker to another hope you get to enjoy your new ride....Longroofs Rule!

4. OrthmannJ

Here is my rear window regulator:
    IMG_4403.JPG IMG_4401.JPG

Here's a peek inside the tailgate with the regulator and glass out:
    IMG_4402.JPG

I know they are different cars, but they're from the same family and the same year, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same parts were used across the Chrysler corp. lines.

5. bcschief

bcschief Member

6. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It's a touch pricey, but I'd bet the gear in this is the same as yours.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-63-64-65-POWER-WINDOW-MECHANISM-Fury-Belvedere-Polara-Dart-NOS-MoPar-Chryco/362165953033?epid=1424458106&hash=item5452c5e209:g:uWEAAOxyLm9TBTDt&fits=Year:1964|Model:Fury|Make:plymouth

Your motor is the only one I've seen where the driveshaft from the motor to the worm gear is exposed. All others are covered up. What you need is a Hollander Interchange Manual to verify which other vehicles interchange with yours. If it is anything like Ford, they used the same basic internal guts for like 40 years. Once you have something that works you don't mess with it.

7. 69plywgn

69plywgn Well-Known Member

8. henrybud

henrybud New Member

Holy Cow!! Thanks so much for the information! So I ended up finding a very decent window regulator from a Ford Bronco. It's VERY close and only $65 for the entire assembly. The best part? The brackets that attach to a Bronco tailgate glass fit almost exactly into my wagon's glass. Now, to shoe horn it into the tailgate!!! Thanks again for getting back to me. The car is in my buddy's shop in Dundee NY. I drive the 1.5 hours every day to work on her.

Attached Files:

Timmayy likes this.
  9. henrybud

henrybud New Member

Thanks so much

10. henrybud

henrybud New Member

Do you happen to have a part number for the motor? I decided to go with an original regulator that I found on Ebay. I need the motor now. Thanks!

11. 69plywgn

69plywgn Well-Known Member

I sent you the 1964 Mopar Parts Catalog. See my previous post above.

12. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    You can rebuild your own electric window motor in 15 minutes.

Go to www.forcbodiesonly.com

In the Search bar at the upper right, type in "Rebuilding window motor" by member Mr C. Everything you want to know about restoring function to a window motor of your era. The process itself takes all of 15 minutes per motor. Saves spending $X on a motor from someone and not knowing if it's gonna work or not.

13. henrybud

henrybud New Member

I really appreciate it! I was able to track down all the parts after many phone calls and emails. I've had great progress in the past week in respect to grinding the entire undercarriage. A new sub frame is being welded into the rear to support new leaf springs and 4 new shocks all the way around. The new floor pans should arrive in a couple weeks. The seats have been dropped off to a unique upholstery shop in Dundee New York. "David's Upholstery" is a Mennonite owned outfit and they are just awesome to deal with. They literally rebuild your seats from the springs up. I will post pictures later of the progress. Thanks again!!

14. OrthmannJ

Good to hear. Looking forward to seeing the progress updates.