What have you done to your wagon lately? (Let's keep the thread going!)

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Dogbone, Jul 25, 2011.

1. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Wait a minute o_O where is the snow???

:rednose:

2. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

LONG ISLAND LOL, the weatherman were off and long island got our 12-16, suckers. It snowed 2 inches here total!!!!

fannie likes this.
  3. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

Two weeks since the last job on the Magnum, this time it was the starter, rack and p/s pressure line and the hardest part was getting the old starter out. Well when I sell it the new owner isn't going to need to touch anything under the car for years since it's all been done over the last couple of years.

101Volts and fannie like this.
  4. Dan Scully

Dan Scully Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    One seat partially installed so I could drive it to the upholstery shop. Should be done next and should be ready to go for spring fling.

Attached Files:

OrthmannJ and 101Volts like this.
  5. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    [​IMG]

Excellent!

101Volts and Dan Scully like this.
  6. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

Yesterday I used 303 on the vinyl wood once and also did the back bumper 2 times. I went out today and it was alittle blotchy on the vinyl so did a second coat and omg it looks great. After the second coat on the bumper about half of it looked really good so I did a third coat today and let it dry, what a difference. It went from a chaulky degraded color to looking shiny black. I did a first coat on the front bumper and will polish it up some more today, awesome stuff. I also did the leather interior yesterday and then again today since it needed it with Maguires leather spray. Thanks for the recommendation of the 303.

fannie likes this.
  7. Dan Scully

Wagon Garage:
    Getting closer 20180327_151919.jpg 20180327_151924.jpg 20180327_151933.jpg .

8. Dan Scully

Wagon Garage:
    Almost done , seat belts and awaiting the floor mats.

Attached Files:

OrthmannJ and fannie like this.
  9. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

That's aces. I love that shade of blue.

Dan Scully likes this.
  10. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That is really looking fabulous. (y) You really must be pleased.

Dan Scully likes this.
  11. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    o_OYes, agreed Ma'am. He surely deserves pleasure

Dan Scully likes this.
  12. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

Got my wagon back today, had the door strap done on it, the leather was almost all the way off of it and the metal band was sticking out. Also had a carpet made for the back that I can roll up out of the way when the bench seats are in use. received_10209601027901038.jpeg received_10209601027781035.jpeg

OrthmannJ and fannie like this.
  13. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Replaced 5 capacitors and reflowed all of the solder connections on the cruise control amplifier for the 85 Mercedes, I hope that cures my lack of cruise control. Either way I think it's time to celebrate with a brew and let my eyes uncross from starring at that board for the past hour and a bit. :cheers2:

14. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Were the capacitors bloated?
    Coincidentally, I was also into my Audi's board electronics. I pulled the computer, removed the cover and took a whiff. Nothing smelled burned and there was no heat-induced discoloration. Both condensers still looked new, even. The cover surrounding the unit and its accompaning relay was broken from someone not finding the screw holding the back of the cover. After having broken it off, he evidently unscrewed the broken piece and then replaced the screw where it had originally been screwed on. This cover was installed, in order to prevent moisture from entering. Anyway, after having inspected the computer, I decided to pull the neighboring relay, for the purpose of inspecting the connections for corrosion. I then noticed that something was loose, in that relay. So, I removed the cover and shook it once again. There was no sign of looseness. But, if it wasn't feeling loose, to begin with, I would never have opened it and subsequently find a set of burnt contact points. I took my point file to the set and then took the tester to see if current would go through, when I closed all three points sets. No current flowed, because the excessive heat caused by resistance energized through poor contact surfaces has bent the tab. So, I bent it back in place and then tested the unit once again:

[​IMG]

I looked up this relay, this morning and one site says that it controls the board computer. Another site says it controls the intake heater. Supposedly, this relay is responsible for the cold start problems I've been having. Later on, I'll try to find a wiring diagram. The point set was the last one on the outter side which might be connected to terminal 87a

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

The old capacitors looked fine, but being over 30 years old they are known to dry out and just not work.

Just an edit:
    Had the 85 out and tested the cruise so far so good, I've tested the cruise from 70 - 110 km/h and all seems to work as it should but time plus this summers' 15,000 km drive will give everything a real workout and prove how good the repairs are working.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018