Weekend Fun! THREE Car Meets this past weekend here in Austin. Enjoyed my Roady and my Family!

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by 81X11, Nov 20, 2017.

1. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    School is out here for the entire Thanksgiving week, and I ended up picking up two of my three "adopted" kids from Temple for the week on Friday night (Lili, now 17, and Joseph, now 21), and also picked up my 15-year-old nephew Hunter from Dallas.

Hunter specifically said he wanted to go to a lot of car events since he has his driver's permit...and he really wanted to drive the wagon himself. Well the Roadmaster and I attended THREE Car Meets this past weekend here in Austin.

Here are the Wagon pics and some links to the Public Facebook albums if you want to see ALL the cars at each event.

FIRST was "Pistons on the Square" in Georgetown Tx Saturday morning, 11/18/17 - Hunter drove my wagon, so he took me! Fun morning, great weather and awesome cars!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Full Album Here: https://www.facebook.com/mike.masse...0214721917992264.1073742298.1553678810&type=3

NEXT was the Dirty Martin's Kum-Bak Drive-In Car Meet, Saturday Evening 11/18/17. Took ALL the kids to Dirty Martin's down in Austin on the drag tonight. SUCH FUN! Malts and Hot Rods go together well! The best part was I finally got to meet up with the newest OTHER Roadmaster Wagon owner in town. Good Times! Enjoy the Album!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Full Album Here: https://www.facebook.com/mike.massey.543/media_set?set=a.10214726583468898.1553678810&type=3

THEN yesterday morning 11/19/17 was Cars and Coffee Round Rock Texas - My son Eddie, my nephew Hunter and I took the Roadmaster Wagon to Cars and Coffee Sunday morning. Great show and good friends. Fun time, big album. Enjoy the pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Full Album Here: https://www.facebook.com/mike.masse...0214735657095733.1073742303.1553678810&type=3

Off topic but my nephew also REALLY wanted to take the old 82 Z28 out. We only pulled it out once, but he got a taste of the 1980's with his first time behind the wheel of old Brownie!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We REALLY have a house-full, and in addition to the below car pics. I took all the kids to Comic-Con Austin on Saturday afternoon, which was hilarious, and then took them too Magnolia Cafe, which is a great dive, and if you are ever in Austin, go! It's Lili's favorite place in town.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love spending time with all the kiddos. I hope you and your families get to make some memories too, and ya'll have a SAFE and GREAT Thanksgiving and Holiday Season!

-Texas Mike

Grizz, ModelT1, fannie and 2 others like this.
  2. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Excellent pictures, thank you.
    I've been wondering about your adopted kids and if you ever see them. They all look like they had a great time. And your nephew, at 15, is allowed to drive? :huh: Huh 16 is the age limit here.

Hope you all enjoy your holiday. :)

81X11 likes this.
  3. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

He's on a learner's permit. Likely, Texas allows kids at 15 1/2 to get the permit.

81X11 likes this.
  4. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Awesome photos Mike! It looks like you all had a great time. I so happy to se you enjoying your car with your "extended" family. I'm happy to see you are still very much a part of their lives.
    Thanks for sharing.

81X11 likes this.
  5. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It's the same here in Pennsylvania if I remember right. They can't get the full permit then, though.

6. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hi All, glad you liked the pics. We had a really good time over the Thanksgiving holiday. My extra kids are doing well, though I do miss Johnathan, who graduated from high school last spring and moved to Pennsylvania to work for UPS.

I'm looking forward to getting together with them all again over the Christmas holiday. Have some plans in the works.

Oh and yep, the permit age in Texas is 15, and you can get your license at 16. Eddie gets his license in January. Pray for me folks! Ha!

Take Care and Happy Holidays!

-Mike

ModelT1 and fannie like this.
  7. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Is it legal to have that much fun in Texas?:rofl2:

Nice photos Mike.:thumbs2:

81X11 likes this.