Wagons in lastest issue of Hemmings Classic Car discussed

Discussion in 'Station Wagons in the Movies and other Media' started by rrbnut, Jul 25, 2017.

1. rrbnut

rrbnut 1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

Wagon Garage:
    IMG_5572.JPG IMG_5573.JPG

Attached Files:

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I will have to agree with what I could read in the article above. I own a 1965 Olds custom vista cruiser that is a one owner, all original car! I took it to my first show last week. I got a lot of mixed reactions, for my wagon is as I mentioned before all original, with a few dents and plenty of paint chips. Which I have a story behind just about every one of. That being said, most of the comments were about the "patina ". Most of the people admired it's originally, with only a few of the perfectionists asking, " When are you going to restore it? " My response was I'm enjoying the hell out of it the way it is! All in all I guess that what ever the condition of your vehicle is in as long as you enjoy it that is all that needs to be said! Longroofs Rule!

3. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah man, I agree with the article as well. I enjoy old cars of course, but I also just enjoy old things period. I love old houses even just the site of something like a battle or historical event. I can feel the nostalgia welling up around me at these places and definitely incased within a vintage automobile. The previous lives, passions, and energy. Ah! Sorry I get carried away! At a show I saw a 69 Shelby gt. Met the original owner. He had photos, sales receipts, the works, all in a laminated book. Great stuff, but the best part was one little spot right on the front of the hood above the grill. It was a paint chip that happened when his dad was driving the car while he was away, drafted in Vietnam. His pop attempted unsuccessfully to cover it up with touch up paint from the dealership. He told me for that and other minor blemishes there ain't a $20,000 paint job in the world that could make him repaint his old car. On the other hand, have you ever been to the Alamo?? It Looks like they built it yesterday. The only thing that signifies anything remotely historical are the signs declaring so, oh yeah, and all the Mexicans are still there

wagoninsane and MAK like this.
  4. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    You guys would probably, maybe, hopefully love/like me. I'm old and I've survived living with the same mean old woman for almost 59 years. Besides old car events, I love the older motorcycles, boats, going to museums, and rebuilt historic places like the Alamo............. which I've never been to.
    I remember way back going to restored villages here in Illinois like Lincoln's New Salem, and old forts, seeing how well preserved the log cabins, oxen wagons, and everything was.
    Then to be disappointed when finding out, like my wife's relatives restored old completely originally furnished log cabin, which now sits at a wild lfe park, was moved one piece at a time and reassembled. Often using new logs and nails or pegs.
    Like patina'd old cars, I'd rather see old buildings and things cleaned up yet left original. Still, here in America nothing lasts long enough to be old and original like a pyramid or old castle. We don't even use good cement here so a copy of a dead dinosour or Ford is better than nothing.
    To get back on topic, I was getting Hemmings when it was nothing but several mimeographed faded pages looking like a note on a grocery store for sale cork display area. Ernie sold parts out of a one car wooden garage next to his house.

Sadly even those so called "original" patina'd cars are sometimes being fake patina'd now. It' hard to find a good barn find from a real barn!:agreed:

Grizz likes this.
  5. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    It seems you had more risk than fun, in your lifetime, Sir.

Here. Knock yourselves out, then:

[​IMG]

6. rrbnut

rrbnut 1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

Wagon Garage:
    keep the comments coming and maybe even send your thoughts to Hemmings!

7. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    The original Hemmings Motor News was sold and moved years ago to Vt. The original Ernie Hemmings ended up in antique car heaven in Quincy, Illinois along the big muddy river.
    Another of my favorite old car magazines "Cars & Parts" is no longer in Sessor, Illinois. All good Illinois magazines and good Presidents are long gone.

8. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    I've never really been thrilled about female axe murderers.:yikes:

Sometimes fun is risky busness.......... Or risque' business.:shhh:

9. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Then, have her leave the axe at the house door and arm her with a nut cracker instead, Sir.

ModelT1 likes this.