Wagon of the Day - 1959 Dodge Sierra

Discussion in 'Station Wagon of the Day' started by wagonmaster, Dec 12, 2007.

1. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    2006_07300062.JPG

From the 2006 Granby, QC car show

Submitted by: wagonmaster

2. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That has style!!! Where have the artists gone in car design? Colors, contour shaping, details? Hope we get past this bubble-gum car fashion.

The Rev has probably been to a place called Pipes and Pizza in Bellingham, WA. There's two of them, both in old quonset-roofed arenas. Anyway, its a family pizza parlour with a huge Pipe Organ and a grand piano hooked up to be run by the Organist. At the roof perimeter, there's all kinds of other instruments that are also connected back to this Wurlitzer Organ, drums, cymballs, horns, etc.

Every hour, they drop a movie screen, and run the old black and white Car Toons, with the organist playing music to go with the action on the screen. These were car toons from the silent-movie era. And today's car designs just remind of those caricatures. Warm and fuzzy, but all the same.

3. $arge

$arge New Member

Wagon Garage:
    man that might be worth a trip to bellingham, im gonna have to see if its still out there good find compa'

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  4. $arge

$arge New Member

Wagon Garage:
  5. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    That's right, you're up there in the NW. Well, its worth it! They used to sell beer in the big jugs too. Fun place. Waiting staff are dressed in Disney costumes, just watch out for the Mickey Mouse guy, he does some stunts with that mouse tail. :D

6. $arge

$arge New Member

Wagon Garage:
    i guess it burnt down what a shame what ashame... we used to go to a place just like that i mexico, itt was the bestest! they need more family entertainment nowadays. none of these chucky cheese crap. IMHO

7. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    Ah man, that is a heart-breaker. It takes guts to build such a unique place like that and run it so well for so many years. We used to live in New Westminster, and other parts of the Lower Mainland in BC, Canada. We went there, more often than Church! (better cartunes!) :D

8. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    When I was a kid, there was a band that used a Hammond B3 Organ, that could duplicate some of the sounds of the Wurlitzers. I think it was Sam the Sham or something like that. Anyway, I bought one of those later with the special sound box (double-coned reverberator).

I lived in an apartment block in yuppie Vancouver (Just off Robson Street), and when I played it, not one neighbour, or the Landlord ever complained about the noise or the low-base vibrations. They loved that thing. I used to invite some of them over to play, and people in the elevator kept asking if they could come and try. What a nice machine! I got divorced and the wife kept it, she was the real musician. I was a loving audience. :D :evilsmile: :biglaugh:

9. tbirdsps

tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

Now wait a minute. Wasn't this about that beautiful Dodge!

There are no car designers today. How come we can't have these great looking cars now? Even without all the chrome bumpers somebody must be able to style a car so there's something more than the standard bean shape.

Is it that the public just wants an appliance?

Anyway...I'll take the Dodge or any other stylish car. Even the Pacer! It at least had style...even if it was bad!:D

10. $arge

$arge New Member

Wagon Garage:
    you can tell theyre trying but youre right they all look like a bean. PT cruiser, t-birds, magnum.... BLAH! at least they brought the camaro (the old one) back for repro-

11. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    You're right... Just took a stroll down 'Good Times Lane' and good music. I would have taken the Javelin. That was a beast with the V8! Ahead of its time. I almost bought a new one for $2,800 in 1969, but sold out for a loaded Mercury Park Lane Brougham. Creature comforts got the better of me. Same money though. :D

12. Roadking41A

Roadking41A Well-Known Member

I guess we will never see the style of the 30's,40's,50's, again and that is so sad not to have to colors and stylish body lines. Nothing is individualized anything anymore cars trucks clothes is all suppose to look the same.

13. $arge

$arge New Member

Wagon Garage:
    whats that saying,
    "you all laugh at me cause im different, i laugh at you all cause your all the same"
    so true...
    all the guys laugh at me at the shop for the wagon. till i spank em going down the street!!!!

14. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    Well if we can't count on the manufacturers, then we should just keep going against the grain and keep our wagon passion. :evilsmile:

15. Roadking41A

Roadking41A Well-Known Member

I agree 100% and I intend to. I just spotted a Malibu wagon that looked like it had been converted to a sedan delivery for $900.00 as soon as I can (when I have the extra money) I'm going to check it out.