Vacuum line location-89 mercury colony park

Discussion in 'General Automotive Tech' started by 89Mercury, May 12, 2017.

1. 89Mercury

89Mercury Member

Wagon Garage:

Thank you for the information given...

2. 89Mercury

89Mercury Member

Wagon Garage:

Thank you for the information as well...

3. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah so your fuel reg. Is hooked up right to the back of the manifold. Looking at it from the front of the car there will be a larger vacuum line with a rubber hose to the left. About 1/2 an inch. To the left of that, should be another vacuum line, also red. These are the three tubes on the back of the manifold so graciously pictured by silver Twinkie. In his picture the manifold is shown from underneath so these are the three tubes on top in the middle(in the picture). From the back of the manifold the red vacuum line move towards the front of the car under the manifold, comes to a multi port vacuum connection somewhere in front by the right fender and there are one or two solenoids where the remainder of the lines go. I think.... hope this is clear, I can try to take pictures if need be

4. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

His initial pic looks to show that end of the vacuum lines is correct. It's only the manifold end, IMHO, that's screwed up.

5. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    That's what I'm thinking. The one on the back. That runs to the front solenoids??

6. 89Mercury

89Mercury Member

Wagon Garage:
    I get what you guys are saying that the other red line that's disconnected goes to the smaller of the three lines that come on from the back of the manifold.what I don't get is once I hook up that line where do I plug the map sensor into because that is currently connected where the disconnected line is suppose to be.i followed that black hose with red strip it goes to that thing that I have attached picture (unsure of what it is). Should I disconnect that and run it to map sensor?

7. Silvertwinkiehobo

No. I missed that the MAP is plugged in to the wrong place. I honestly hate to say this, but the upper plenum needs to be unbolted so that the MAP vacuum line can be connected underneath (refer to the vacuum hose in the pic I posted). This is what infuriates me about the horse's rear ends that did the work...they created the problem but will not correct it without charging you. Farging iceholes.

8. 89Mercury

89Mercury Member

Wagon Garage:
    The black hose with red line is hooked up under the manifold correctly per your picture but the problem is the other end goes to this...picture attached...top hose...so I thought what if I detach the hose from it...thing I attached a picture of... and put it to the map sensor...would that work?but then what would go in place of that hose?I'm sorry,I don't know what the part in picture that is attached is called..do you?

Attached Files:

9. 89Mercury

89Mercury Member

Wagon Garage:

10. Silvertwinkiehobo

There should be a dedicated black hose with red line directly to the MAP sensor, and the vac supply line for the cruise control system attaches to the vacuum manifold attached to the firewall behind the engine.

11. 89Mercury

89Mercury Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well,got a call from my mechanic today.He stated he fixed the vacuum lines.Also a big issue I was concerned about was my lack of throttle response.Felt like i was driving a hybrid or go cart that had to slowly build up speed. Come to find out the idiots just hand tightened one of the nuts on the throttle assembly that goes to transmission and didnt even replace the second nut.So the cable didn't stretch enough to go into passing gear. Ill tell you one thing they are going to pay for this bill or i'm taking them to court....There is no excuse for this.It just makes me wonder what they did rebuilding my engine.

12. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'd take them to court in New York minute for the whole bill to fix and what they charged you. Small claims court not big cost,
    and I talk to my attorney on how to do it -
    Might cost me $400 - $500 total - but it would be worth it just to cause the shop some pain and aguish - even if I didn't get a penny -

13. Silvertwinkiehobo

That little F-up with the TV cable could've cost you the transmission. There's plenty of evidence to support that, so make sure that is included.

14. 89Mercury

89Mercury Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for the information...

15. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    I wouldn't be sure it hasn't already, that over drive band can burn up pretty quick. I know from experience . So does mak is if not mistaken