Too rich Quadrajet

Discussion in 'General Automotive Tech' started by littlealgie7, Aug 21, 2018.

?

Help

1. Carburetor

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Buick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy The crazy kid in the sandbox

Oh, I don't know about your choice of words...:eek:

[​IMG]

2. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I used one of these when I installed a four barrel Holley on my Crown Vic with the AOD transmission.

https://www.sonnax.com/parts/2766-tv-cable-corrector-kit-for-holley-carburetors

For the Ford AOD you need a 1:1 ratio of throttle cable to tv cable travel. You can physically connect the tv cable to the bottom hole on the carb linkage and it might seem correct but it isn't. I presume GM OD automatics have the same/similar requirement. On a Ford you can burn up the trans pretty quick if it isn't right.

3. littlealgie7

littlealgie7 Agrivated

Wagon Garage:
    I found a Distributor at Summit Racing parts. Not sure of fit or compatibility. all parts for under $100. I will take my Wagon to Lay's Transmission here in Toledo. Oh. been going there all my life & the city & county use them too. Lay's rebuilt my SSR transmission a couple years ago. $2500 for all upgrades & rebuilding with guarantee. I get all parts installed. I thank you for your input. To Me? The transmission is shifting better than it did with Quadrajet. At least now first gear seems to wind out a bit from stop. Only problem is rich & knock on acceleration if I have wide open throttle. Have several car shows coming up before snow flies. Maybe get fenders on & engine running acceptably.