The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by The Stickman, Nov 27, 2008.

1. The Stickman

The Stickman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  2. The Stickman

Wagon Garage:
    Ok time for an update. My relocated altenator is almost done. I had to switch crank and water pump pullies as well as switching to a power steering box with 2 droove pulley. Only thing taht is really a problem is my oil fill tube. the aluminum rod I am using as a brace is in the way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am also getting alot done on the diffuser. Both tunnels are pretty much done. they will simply need a final trimming and clean up. But for now they can stay like they are until I can mount them so I can make a center section to join them. At that point it will be one large piece that can come in and out as needed. I am really liking this look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. The Stickman

Wagon Garage:
    Small update. I got the braided performance hoses from Inline Tube on. The rear one was a pain to get in. Plus I had to put a new hard line in as the one that went to the rear hose twisted and crimped on me. Also worked on my diffuser some. I have the center [panel done. Hope to have the 2 tunnels and center sections joined by the end of the weekend. By tomorrow if all goes well. So should be all mounted. Also took some paint off the aluminum hood. Hope to have it painted by the end of the weekend. The 2 groove power steering pump is mounted and has a new hose on the high pressure side. I recieved my race pads from Porterfield. I have R4's for the front and R4D shoes for the rear. They were very helpful and quick as was inline tube. The Spal temp switch is mounted but not wired yet. Also working on a new dash panel. Might be able to unveil it by the end of the weekend. Still need to make a hose for the catch can now that I think about it too

4. The Stickman

Wagon Garage:
    Ok here is what got done today. Worked on the diffuser. Had to weld up the license plate holder. It doesn't come straight across so we fixed that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh and my welder cleaning up her welds lol.
    [​IMG]
    Finally real progress. One tunnel mounted with Dzus fasteners for easy removal.
    [​IMG]
    And both tunnels and center section mounted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now all three sections need to be glassed together. And there is still alot of trimming and prettying up to be done. But I think it looks great. Not sure if I can get away with leaving the tunnels that deep. Also not sure about leaving them that far off the bumper. I kinda like it that way as it has a European Touring car look. Will have to see.

5. The Stickman

Wagon Garage:
    OK I got some stuff done already today. The new passenger side altenator mount is done. Other than the aluminum tube that needs to be redone It came out nice. The belts are all lined up and the mount is sturdy. For those of you that don't know what I am taking about Olds motors can be tempurmental about having the accessories all on one side. I took off the A/C and relocated the altenator over to the passenger side one to make sure I had no problems and two so it has a more balcanced look and feel. I used the stock drivers side aluminum mount and simply flipped it drilled a hole and sanded the back down some as well as adding the aluminum tube as an upper brace.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are some pics of the diffuser after some trimming. It's starting to come together. It is by no means finished but it's getting there. I have 6 inches of clearance with it. I thought I might have to trim the bottom side but it looks like I can keep it that low.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Things yet to do include a new dash panel for my guages and switches. I am also trying to figure out how to seal up the top of teh radiator support so all the air goes through the radiator. Still trying to decide how I want to do it. I will probably incorporate the top radiator mount with it. I also will be making new bumper mounts and if time an airdam.

6. The Stickman

Wagon Garage:
    Ok I have beed told I should have some kinda radiator shroud. So I made one. Just a quickie but looks ok.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also wired up my fan temp switch, lengthened the wires for my altenator to reach the other side. I hope to have her running maybe tomorrow. Also did a shakedown run of my hauler and everything seems fine.

7. Harry Clamshell

Harry Clamshell Well-Known Member Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    I love this thread (y)

8. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    you and the woman are outa control(y)

9. The Stickman

Wagon Garage:
    Blew the engine at RTTS. No regrets. Besides I got my money's worth out of that $400 engine and then some. More later when I am rested.

10. The Stickman

Wagon Garage:
    Final pics before heading out to RTTS. Here are the aluminum hood hinges and final bumper mountings. Must be VERY careful closing the hood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. The Stickman

Wagon Garage:
    Well here is the next piece of the puzzle. Since my engine went at RTTS I had to figure out what to do next. And this helps me get to the next point. It's a 330 forged crank that is cut for a 3.5 stroke. So I am on my way to a 375 stroker engine.
    [​IMG]

12. The Stickman

Wagon Garage:
    Well I got my flanges in for the manifolds. Have to say they are pretty darn nice. I will be getting the weld els probably next week. So one step closer to my turbo manifolds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. The Stickman

Wagon Garage:
    Look what I did today. This is just the start of the piece to fill the gap between the nose and radiator support, cover the top of the rad support, and cover and support the top of the radiator.
    [​IMG]
    I also removed my passenger side door panels. Stripped my door cards. And then put some fiberglass on them to stiffen them. I am going to have to decide how I want my door panels to look soon.

14. Bob Scott

Bob Scott New Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  15. The Stickman

Wagon Garage:
    Thanx Bob. I registered right after you posted the link. I have yet to be accepted though.

I got a little more done to the radiator support cover. It is really coming along, Today I got the top part of the radiator done. There are a few spots I intentionally didn't do. I will get to them in finer detail when it's off the car. Once this sets I will remove it do some trimming and put a layer under it and then it should be plenty strong.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]