Tailgate lock fixed!!!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Tech' started by MercWoody, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    MercWoody, I'll bet you could lay down a nice pile of full size 4' X 8' plywood in that Caddy Wagon and still have room! The big Ford Wagons were ok to get them in, but an ex-hearse with rollers in the floor would be perfect for my woodworking hobby. :biglaugh: No wonder you miss it. :thumbs2:

2. macwhenderson

macwhenderson Well-Known Member

Tailgate

Hi every one, I know it's been awhile , but I was reading your comments about wagon tailgates. My tailgate is the other way around, if you shut it normally, she locks up, so I have to roll (with key) then pull inside chrome handle to open her downward, then close the door lightly, but firmly if you know what i mean. so I was hoping for some help on this, if anyone can. thank Mac from Idaho

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  3. Skink

Skink Sexypants

Wagon Garage:
    Resurrecting an old thread. I'm still having the same issues, but I'll try some more adjustments to see if I can find the magic spot.

And it's a T45 on the back strikers on the 88 Country Squire I have, in case it comes up on final jeopardy.

4. Meangreene

Meangreene New Member

I
    tried your tailgate fix… still no go…actuator works great.. but it won’t lock. Adjusted the latch post to different positions nope! I did notice previous owner put a bunch electrical tape on the post( I took it off) I will put tape on the post tomorrow.. just to see what happens! BTW key doesn’t work at all… but it does lock glove box??? Is the top post thinner than the bottom thicker post…could they been reversed at some time??? I will say the tailgate closes much tighter now!

5. curtisK

curtisK New Member

nicly explained . in this way i got more information.