Swanny454 here with my 1974 Buick Estate Wagon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by SwannyMotorsports, Dec 3, 2011.

1. straycat12

straycat12 Well-Known Member

LOOKS LIKE YA MADE THE RIGHT CHOISE ON THE 15x7 wheels and 255/60R15 BF Goodrich radials :2_thumbs_up_-_anima

2. SwannyMotorsports

SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

I tried 15x8's on the rear and they fit with 255's but it was TIGHT, so I went with the 7's I like the look, I thought about a bigger rear tire but I want to keep front and rear the same as I plan on rotating them since this car will be drove alot in the summer.

3. wixom61

wixom61 Well-Known Member

Swanny, your '74 is wonderful! I love the dashboard design on the passenger side- a one year only dash. Also, 6-passenger clamshells are my favorite, a regular backseat and that huge trunk under the cargo floor. Glad you treasure that ruby-red beauty. David :)

4. SwannyMotorsports

SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

Honestly I REALLY want a 8 passenger car but haven't found a good one. I also wanted another 74-76 Chevy as that is what I had before but when I got lucky and found this one on Craigslist I had to buy it. But, the more I work on this one the more I am starting to like it. I love the body lines it has down the sides and the interior is just perfect, I think I would be hard pressed to find another one this clean for what I have in it. I think its going to be sticking around unless I find the perfect 76 Caprice Estate wagon thats blue, green, or maroon and in impecable condition with 8 passenger seating. So with that being said, I am trying to name the Buick. Thanks for the compliments