Station wagon dashcam snaps

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Poison_Ivy, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    It takes two parties to negotiate. Nothing is documented anywhere, as to what was on the negotiating table. I really don't think that it would have been acceptable, from the American side, to contain Japanese expansion solely to China. They simply didn't think that way and haven't had the experience and education of which contemporary negotiators had. It wasn't like nowadays where everyone travels everywhere with a cellphone. You can bet that the U.S. side wasn't willing to compromise to any occupation whatsoever, despite the fact that Japanese occupation actually improved South Korea, turning it into an advanced industrial society, despite the suffering having unjustly taken place there, under Japanese occupation. But, then again, we are not in any position to judge what should be standards of civility from our standpoint and attempt to apply our standards to what we view as savage entities of whom viewed our taking of prisoners and humane treatment of them as outright abnormal.
    Furthermore, there are speculations prevalent which suspect Western intelligence of knowing that Pearl Harbor was about to be attacked. But, decided to conceal it, in order to draw the U.S. directly into the Second World War

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

The speculations were and are unfounded. I have read both of Gordon Prange's works on the Pearl Harbor attack and all circumstances surrounding it; At Dawn We Slept delved into all the conspiracy theories, and he and his co-authors (Donald Goldstein and Kathrine Dillon) disassembled each theory in turn and presented evidence that none of those theories were true.
    As for armchair judging, that nearly always happens since the vast majority of humans are subjective. But as soon as objectivity is applied to anything (such as history), then the truth can come out.

3. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Disproving conspiracy theories requires concrete evidence of which I haven't yet seen. I wonder how much effort Mr. Goldstein has put into solving mysteries concerning the Warren Commission reports and 911 and what his motives can be to rule out outside players concerning reasons to draw neutral U.S. into a war of which the U.S. would have little to gain from

4. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Oh gawd ivy...:slap: the conspiracy theories are when I cash out...and besides we can sit here all day and talk about coulda, shoulda, woulda and it ain’t gonna make any difference. Like my father in law so wisely said once. (I think we were discussing a titans loss) “and if my aunt had a set of balls she would be my uncle”:rofl2::yikes:

5. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    I couldn’t leave this alone. What about all the documentaries with Japanese who were there talking about what happened...(am I making this up???) are they paid actors?? And my response to the rediculous 9/11 conspiracies is on the same line. There was a guy who took credit for that. Or is that made up too? They would have had to pay him a lot of money. Here take credit for this attack, take this check, and then spend the rest I your life hiding because we are going to hunt you down. Ok. I got the last word. Let’s drop it. Hey! What do those camera glasses look like? How good are they with selfies?!

6. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    We'll get to your new uncle later. I just downloaded the service that guy used for recording the running Nailhead on his '56 Buick. Let's see how it does. I'll have to look a little downwards, becasuse the lens points a little too high. Is it my computer doing the Max Headroom-type jittering or the glasses? The upload is taking about as long as the video itself. But, it's sicure, because it isn't made public traceable through my handle, unlike Youtube.
    Here's the vid:

https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AABrVyzxUytpPWET6OTsrFpBIw5oBIxp7G0

7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    If you notice some of the funny looks I got, in the videos, that should give you some idea on how dorky they look. Now that I popped out the sunglass lenses, in order to replace them with clear ones, they now look particularly suspicious. I'd say something between Aristotel Onnasis and Buddy Holly's glasses
    Just as good as a mirror.
    In this next video, there's an adorable Swiss-plated Saab wagon I'd love to have. This is one of the last Youtube videos I'll upload. I want to concentrate on using the Dropbox host, for various reasons. If you have trouble with it, please let me know.OOps! Wrong video. However, there's a wagon like mine, except it's a 4-wheel drive version. That one Jackass speeding through there was going fast enough to get his license pulled for a month, if the cops were controlling traffic, instead of tracking down opinions in the internet. There's so much money not being collected, in speeding- and reckless driving fines. So much could be collected, so that the municipal government wouldn't need to keep raising property- and business taxes

Here, the Saab:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w75vn2clx9qrd0/Rewe_Merc_Soupt_Saab.avi?dl=0

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  8. Silvertwinkiehobo

The price tag on there, that's 78 DM, correct? Oh, wait, Euros. Duhhhhhhh........ So that would be about $95 dollars, as of today. Not cheap, for all the trouble it's giving you.

9. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    I would have been satisfied with something reliable which didn't have a mind of its own. Yeah, that's plenty of money for junk which maybe have costed thirty cents to produce. It's always the middle men who make the most for doing practically nothing

10. Silvertwinkiehobo

Yeah, everyone gets a piece of the action but us consumers.

11. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    We consumers are the piece of action

12. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    I was out filming, yesterday. The camera's quite disappointing, when it's not full sunny out there.
    This next one was taken across the Rhine River, across from the border entry and stopped at a nearby Mercedes dealer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijzvdw7dyhce82w/Hezel_Merced.avi?dl=0

That was, for using Dropbox. I've reached my 2 gb limit, already

13. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Here's one from last fall:

[​IMG]

Here's a video taken just aftewrwards. It looks like I'm hauliung ass. But, I wasn't. Must be something to do with the upload. It would be best to just copy and paste the link. Then, expand the video full size:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  14. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    This went a little too fast, to accurately count the wagons featured. What's the big deal? Who doesen't do the following?:

15. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    I wouldn’t call driving like a jerk abusing the car...are these people speaking German? Why do they use English profanity?