Station wagon dashcam snaps

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Poison_Ivy, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

England, Australia, Japan and a few other places.

2. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    The AUDI at the bottom got accordioned:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    My first Youtube dashcam vid:bananaman::

This is the 3-wheeler which I caught on cam:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    This clip obviously wasn't taken from a dashcam. I've gotten a pair of video glasses which I use while bicycling. It's of the same brand as my dash cams, meaning that it shuts itself off when it wants to. The clicking noise originated from a faulty gearshift due for replacement soon. Here's what's left of an intended longer video featuring modern wagons:

5. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    This is a cool thread. Although I was disappointed not to see any curb hopping, stair jumping, or hill bombing. Your on a bike man!! Rip it up!!! My favorite part was the Mercedes cab over truck. Don’t see that very often around here. What is OBI? A German Home Depot?

6. Silvertwinkiehobo

It certainly looked like a Home Depot; The place next door looked like an AutoZone!

7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    An OBI looks like an abbreviated name for a chain of combination hardware and Frank's Nursery type stores. The NWO has set it up so that you won't find authentic Made in Germany tools anymore, like was common a few decades ago. I don't like going in there and only did once when I had to, since the area is too sparsely populated to house any competitive stores of this nature. They have plumbing, electrical, home improvement (which reminds me: I'm overdue for bumping that thread:evilsmile:) etc. departments and you can rent trailers there, also: https://www.obi.de/
    I was never curious, as to what that Home Depot is. I couldn't find it, through a search engine. I'll go watch the video again and edit accordingly. Now, I get it. You mean, that OBI resembles an American Home Depot.
    These sell pretty good, over here: If Ford were to wagon these, what'll you bet there'd be a market for them, considering there're plenty of wagon owners here:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Grizz likes this.
  8. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    I went on that same road trip, today. This time around, it was sunny and not windy and rainy like it was last week. It was a nice day for filming and I turned on the camera, at the point it shut itself off last week. Last time around, the camera shut itself off, when it felt like it. This time around, the camera refused to take any images at all. This is the same brand junk as the two dash cams I have. I've had nothing but trouble with them all. The first set of video glasses had a battery meltdown, when I was charging up the device. I then went back, got a refund and then bought a more expensive model which didn't function properly. I then brought it back and they wanted to repair it and then mail it back to me. This is the one which filmed that video. The place where I bought them just moves this junk in the original carton, in which it left the container ship, without first testing them. It seems like it's time to break out the old Jap-made Sony Handicam. The Japs are the only ones capable of producing this stuff. I suppose, the Germans could, if they even bothered. If idiot Truman didn't interfere with the Japs, back then, we wouldn't have to put up with this Wall Mart-type junk of which they're forcing on us today. I'm so nuking mad! Where's button 1?

[​IMG]

9. Silvertwinkiehobo

The funny thing was, early video recording technology was a German invention, from BASF(?). Then Ampex ran with it, until the Japanese bought into the patents and made all kinds of improvements that they patented, and from there, the rest is history.

10. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Where I used to work at, we would get those old Sonys, Telefunkens, Ricohs etc... super 8 (?) handy cams donated. They were nearly impossible to get rid of, despite prices marked down symbolically for getting rid of them. We had 2 customers who would show up for vintage photographic equipment. But, the would seldom stop by. People here in my area have too much money, because many of them work in neighboring Switzerland. The old video cameras are too bulky for them to haul around or they just get their mind set on new gadgets. I think, it's like kids after Christmas. They play with their toys a couple times and then get bored with them, soon after

11. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    I’m confused, by interfere do you mean endin the war?? What was he supposed to do? Twiddle his thumbs after Pearl Harbor? Or wait, here’s a better idea. He could have let mean old uncle joe handle them after mopping up the Germans which would have led to an invasion and the extinction of Japanese culture as we know it. After all Stalin was not in the war to fight the good fight. He was in it for the spoils and land snatching.

12. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Land what?! I beg your pardon. Way before the Pearl Harbor bombing which was the answer to an oil embargo imposed to punish Japan for incursions into mainland east Asia. He could have tried negotiating with Japan to keep their expansionism contained to China proper and not venture out from there into China's neighboring countries. Instead, because he know nothing about Asian history and culture, he thought he could get away with applying the Cold Turkey approach which backfired on him and cost so many lives on American territory, as well as in Asia proper. If he went there to China and saw how despotic they are to animals, for example, he would likely not have imposed the embargo and we (they. I'm not a Korean War veteran) would not have had to confront a wall of Chinese foot soldiers, too numerous to mow down with machine guns, in Korea. To apply the icing onto the cake, we wouldn't have to put up with Wall Marts filled with cheap, slipshod junk and to put up with good jobs getting outsourced

13. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    Snatch! Hahaha. Although he never attended college Truman knew a lot about history and geography. In fact when he first assumed office this is what most impressed the pessimists from Roosevelt’s admin. Not sure what he specifically knew about China. Japan was hostile long before any embargoes and Truman pleaded with them to take an unconditional surrender (after the fall of Germany ?) they weren’t having any, they were trenched in among their brainwashed civilians and were waiting for an allied invasion which was estimated to cost more American lives than had already been lost in the war. In the case of Korea, he had them whipped all the way up to the 38th parallel? It was McArther and his inflated ego which suggested to keep fighting up into North Korea despite Truman’s concern that it would bring China and Russia into the fight. (Guess what happened?!)Thankfully Truman did not listen to MacArthur when he suggested more nuking along with poisoning the Yalu river with barrels of nuclear waste. Don’t be talking about my boy Truman!!! He might have been the last politician who wasn’t in it for money or power. Despite his background in the crooked Pendergast political machine The man didn’t take bribes and took the position and power extremely seriously and not as an opportunity for personal gain. And besides... he was a car guy!!!!https://mobile.nytimes.com/2009/04/05/opinion/05algeo.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

14. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    There you go. The Japs should have just sent him a car Made in China

15. Silvertwinkiehobo

And, do not forget, Japan was negotiating in bad faith, in order to stall for time until the Pearl Harbor attack and the attacks/invasion of the Phillippines. Ambassador Kichisaburo Nomura was a patsy of sorts, when the attack came to light in Washington DC. Because of the screw-up in decoding, translating and typing up the last message to the United States (the 14th part of the long message that was to lead up to Japan's declaration of war against the U.S.), Ambassador Nomura was highly embarrassed and ashamed that it had ended the way it did, which to me, meant he did not know the attack was coming. He had pleaded with the Japanese government to give meaningful concessions to the U.S. to prevent war breaking out, to no avail. So, to say that anyone in the U.S. government could've negotiated terms to Japan, no matter if it was Vice-President Wallace (not Truman, he did not become Vice-president until January 1945) or Secretary of State Hull, is sheer folly.

Grizz likes this.