Replacement

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by 1978stationwagonquestions, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 1978stationwagonquestions

1978stationwagonquestions New Member

Hello, I have a 1978 dodge diplomat station wagon and the other day my car was side swiped. I need to replace the side wooden panel and perhaps the trim. I was told it would cost 1000's of dollars to repair what I think is a simple thing. The scratch isn't to bad but it did take some of the wooden look on the car so I'm looking to replace it. Anyone know any good places or websites I could look for parts to repair it? That are for a reasonable price? The girl that did it was just a teenager that just got her license and I don't want to get her in trouble or make her pay a whole lot.

2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Dang that's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear about that. Do you have photos of the damage? That might make it a little easier to help.
    That being said, it's probably going to be challenging to locate the parts you are looking for. If you do find some vinyl "wood" that fits your car, it's probably not going be be a perfect match since yours has been exposed to the elements since 1978.
    And by the way, welcome to the forum. I hope that you find the help you are looking for.

3. 1978stationwagonquestions

1978stationwagonquestions New Member

I currently don't have any pics since it's at the shop.