Reality check needed here on 79 Fairmont

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by fasteddie, Jan 6, 2019.

1. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

Nice! I see it has Modern A/C & has been converted over from a generator to a Alternator, Looks very Nice. Has it been converted to 12V also?

Should be a nice summer cruiser

2. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    That's weird. What are you using for a browser? Are you trying to upload from a phone or stationary computer?

3. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That is probably one of the rarer Cadillacs ever made. Very cool.

4. fasteddie

fasteddie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Summer, spring and fall!

It is twelve volt. Has the AC. Hydraulic power windows (can’t wait to fix those). Looks like a 20 yr old restoration. Interior is clean and solid. No tears, stains, or dirt really. Can’t be all original because the front seat matches the rear upholstery and back in the day the front seat was leather. It has a few items like a toggle switch for something on the dash that is clearly modern. Has a temp gauge tucked up under the dash. Smells musty. Was under long term ownership of a guy with 80 cars. Joins a show class 64 Fleetwood in my barn. I have a couple graduations and couple weddings coming up next summer. This will be a lot of fun.

5. fasteddie

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah, one of the last of the pre war caddies built post war. They were trying to build more, but production was only so high. Not likely to ever be worth much. I will just drive and enjoy this one. Supposed to be here Sunday/Monday. I will put it on the rack and play with it for the rest of the winter. Put some miles on it next summer.

6. fasteddie

Wagon Garage:
    iPad and IPhone. I even made screenshots in case the file size was the issue. It has happened before and thus I never post pics. When I posted some wagon pics after my resto I now remember having to move them to a pc, play with them, then load them. I tried loading pics from the auction. No dice. I just gave up. Must just be old BB software. I’m on a few other sites that take pics from mobile devices so the technology exists.

7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Those i-gadgets use either android or mac-ware. The new Huawei devices use a Chinese-developped operating system, supposedly more versatile and compatable (not meant as an advertisement, from my part). I've got an old Nokia of which I have to send the images to my home computer via mms. So, what I do is just to have a separate digital camera using an SD card. Since the card doesen't care as to where the images end up, I simply load them down to my stationary computer. Then, load them up here, without any problem at all. The only real inconvenience is having to carry around another gadget
    That was a smart conversion, without going overboard and butchering the car of its identity. I previously thought that only old Continentals had hydraulic windows. They shouldn't be difficult to get functioning again. If there are no leaks, only air pockets can stop them working

8. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

Nice Score Eddie! Can't wait to see some more pictures of it. You should start a thread in the Car & Truck talk section about it. I really like unusual cars. Is that the same Flat Head V8 they put in the late Lasalle's ?

9. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
  10. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Cadillac only built one. LaSalles used it also

[​IMG]

60Mercman likes this.
  11. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

It's a beauty. I love it. Congrats!