Post ALMOST anything you want thread

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by Roadking41A, Feb 22, 2008.

1. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I hope a giant Ernie doesn't come along to retrieve his friend, he might be a little upset..... rubber ducky your my friend!

2. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

Too stupid to be allowed behind the wheel. Same type of idiot tried crossing one of the Chesapeake Bay Bridges with a boat in tow and no safety chain. Boat came loose, went into oncoming traffic, and killed a man and his son.

3. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Too many times that kind of thing happens. A couple decades ago now, a family on I-5 in Western Washington was wiped out by a drunk driving woman in an Explorer--she was greatly exceeding the speed limit, and lost control, rolling OVER the cable barrier installed at that time, and plowed into the family's SUV, ending all their lives in one fell swoop.

4. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Well, that's too bad. We can always use a little joy. :bananaman:

wagoninsane likes this.
  5. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :lolup:

6. yellerspirit

yellerspirit Well-Known Member

I’m not sure but that might be a lot of joy. upload_2022-10-30_20-48-33.png

JackWagon and fannie like this.
  7. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    A neighbor up the street has a 1986 AMC Eagle wagon he acquired last fall from the original owner, who lives in the Vancouver, BC area (the mainland, we're on Vancouver Island). I had not seen it until mid summer as he takes it to his lake cottage for the summer and happened to be home for a bit. Very nice condition, blue with good woodgrain, no accidents or damage anywhere, blue interior but did not get a good look at it. I did not have my phone with me to take a picture. It has less than 60,000 miles and was clearly stored inside during its life. The neighbor sold his 1957 GMC pickup to make room for the wagon in his garage, and he commented that the AMC runs great, he's very happy with it.

fannie and OrthmannJ like this.
  8. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Nice. You have any photos of it Saf?

9. Silvertwinkiehobo

He did say he didn't have his phone on him. And speaking of Vancouver Island, eh, has anyone heard from our other Canadian brethren? I haven't seen hide nor hare of them lately

10. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    We have had a fun time over Halloween. I stopped by my mom's new place to help her decorate her door for the contest in her building.
    It stirred up a bit of excitement with the other residents, some took up the challenge and some really spooky doors were created.
    Mom not only took 1st place for her entrance but also won 1st. place for her costume. She made a dummy that sat in her walker with his legs dangling in front. She was dressed as a witch pushing him. LOL. Who says Halloween is for the kids?

Attached Files:

11. Safari57

Wagon Garage:
    That's a great way to celebrate Halloween. Your mom must have put a lot of effort into her costume and the dummy. Very creative, now we know where you get it from. Age doesn't matter when it comes to having fun and it's great to see and hear that others participated. Next year hopefully they'll get even crazier with their set ups. You must have had a lot of fun helping her with the door. We never got that opportunity with our mothers so it's nice to see that someone has and is. Next up, Christmas decorations???

12. Safari57

Wagon Garage:
    I did not have my phone with me. I've been leaving it at home when I go for my walks so I focus on the walks and focus on increasing the distance and shortening the time (walking faster further and longer) as part of the recovery program I'm on. I found the phone in my pocket was too distracting and tempting but I've missed several neat photo opportunities because it's at home on the counter. We live in a rural setting and two weeks ago I was walking through the field behind us and there was a mom black bear with her two cubs, enough distance off that I was safe. Other times there's been single bears and almost every walk there are some beautiful deer, really big and they look healthy. No elk but they are in the area, as are cougars so I keep watch and have my bear spray in easy reach in my pocket for quick pull out if necessary. When I do see the neighbor (he's about an eight mile south of us, I'll ask if I can take a few pictures. He's a doctor and between work and having a cottage on a large lake on the Island about an hour from the house he's not often around when I am.

13. Safari57

Wagon Garage:
    I've wondered what ever happened to Teddy (sp?)? He was on here a lot some time back. In the area that I live in there are several '56 Nomads that I see cruising now and then and have seen two on their way to the A&W about 20 minutes north (at Ladysmith). Because my memory is weak and I frequently either do not have a voice or when I do it's very soft and hard to hear I haven't gotten to know any of the people well in the area. Hoping that improves through this winter.

14. Silvertwinkiehobo

Teddy! That's who I was thinking of but could not remember his name.

15. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

I believe it. I am glad to hear that you have been able to just live in the moment. Sometimes the story and the description are better than a cell phone photo anyway. ;)

Sounds like a slice of heaven.

fannie likes this.