The Green Machine is a little saggy in the back end, so I've been shopping for replacement coil springs. What I found was that most all of the standard parts vendors, and even specialty Ford vendors, did not seem to offer application-specific springs. Not dis-sing anyone's product per-se, but surely a Galaxy wagon must take different rear coils than a Grand Torino sedan. It seemed there was a one-size-fits-all mentality going on. Then I happened upon Eaton Spring's website. 244,000 separate specs for cars from all eras. Not just one spec for a Galaxy wagon, but three different gauges to choose from, in a progressive-wound coil. If you prefer, they can add or subtract up to two inches of ride height. I chose the heavy duty coil since I plan to tow with this car, and stock ride height. Considering they are made-to-order, and will be done in a week to 10 days, $189 seemed pretty reasonable. I like dealing with companies that are old-school, and Eaton is one of those companies. Mike was full of wisdom and advice, took my order over the phone, and knew his product inside and out. Mods: please move this to the right forum, my bad
That's cool GM. Keep us posted on how they work out. Any other details on the trip such as gas mileage, oil consumed, etc? Get the AC looked at yet?