New wagon owner

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Landbarge, Apr 8, 2009.

  1. Landbarge

    Landbarge New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Chicagoland
    Though I always wanted an older late 50s- early 60s wagon, I couldn't pass up the offer, especially since I miss my 81 ninety-eight. My fiance's mom gave us her grandfather's 1988 Olds Custom Cruiser. This thing is CLEAN! It has 58,000 miles, no rust, and runs like a top. It only has the 307 motor, and 200m trans, but I can't complain. I do have a 350 rocket on a stand in the garage, if I need it(y). I'll post up some pics, as soon as I get a chance to detail it.
    Don
     
  2. 84Parisienne

    84Parisienne Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2008
    Messages:
    193
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Location:
    Illinois
    Welcome! It is always nice to see a car get kept in the family, especially when it is a wagon. That is how I got mine, my grandparents passed it down to me. Can't wait to see some pictures!
     
  3. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    :Welcome: Don. I love the box wagons...The Buicks and the Olds. I can't find a nice one and someone GIVES you one!:taz::)
     
  4. Stormin' Norman

    Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    19,625
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    813
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Darn rare to have members with the original family wagon. Good to have you. :Welcome:
     
  5. Landbarge

    Landbarge New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Chicagoland
    I definately couldn't pass it up! It has had some strange stuff done to it, because her grandfather was paralyzed. He had an air ride system installed, with a switch, so that he could drop it down to get in and out easier, longer front seat tracks, so that the seat can slide back further, NICE custom seat covers, made by the guy that did the interiors of the old Yenko muscle cars. When he was driving, he also had tons of gadgets to make it drivable for him, like relocated headlight, radio, signals, and shifter controls, but all that's been removed.
     
  6. CapriceEstate

    CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    3,669
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Pardeeville/ Portage, Wisconsin.
    Boy, can't wait to see pics of this custom ride! Welcome!
     
  7. wagonmaster

    wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    May 6, 2006
    Messages:
    13,228
    Likes Received:
    2,552
    Trophy Points:
    1,122
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Welcome to the forums, Don,
     
  8. Taranau

    Taranau Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1,674
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    99
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    L.A.Calif.USA
    When my wife and I ended up with our 86 Colony Park,the optimal wagons we were looking for were;a 1960 Ford Country Squire for me,or a mid-50's Chevy wagon(like Jill's,on Home Improvement)for my wife...BUT,there were NO 60 Country Squires and only expensive Chevys for sale,at the time.No 68 Colony Parks either...And no 80's Custom Cruisers,either.They're nice wagons,from what I've seen.
     
  9. the Rev

    the Rev senior junior Charter Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    Messages:
    9,329
    Likes Received:
    54
    Trophy Points:
    232
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    BC,canada
    :Welcome:

    ...its much more fun with pics!!;)
     
  10. autobotsquire

    autobotsquire New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2009
    Messages:
    116
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Baltimore, MD
    :welcomewagon: That's such a cool story about how you got your wagon. It's a cool story about how I got mine too, but only because I bought it on one of the coldest days of the year. Enjoy the forum.
     
  11. Landbarge

    Landbarge New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Chicagoland
    been real busy lately, but will get pics soon!
     
  12. The Stickman

    The Stickman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2008
    Messages:
    1,316
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    111
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    Lehigh Valley pa
    WooHoo another Custom Cruiser added to the group. Welcome and can't wait to see it.
     
  13. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    Hi and :Welcome:

    :camera::whip: :D
     

Share This Page