Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by OriginalSUV, Dec 14, 2020.

1. OriginalSUV

OriginalSUV New Member

Greetings,
    My name is Mike and I'm in Nor Cal (sorry). I have several classic and custom cars. I stumbled across a 1958 Mercury Colony Park and its sibling a 1958 2 door Park Lane a few years back that have been stored in a barn since the early 70s. After storing them in my barn for a few years, I have decided to pull the Colony Park into the shop and give it a new heart (1971 460) and a general facelift. Well after getting into it for the weekend, It seems like its going to be an all winter project. Getting the 460 in is like putting sox on a rooster but with a little cutting, grinding and oil pan fabrication, I think its gonna fit!

I believe I found the wood grain paneling on line and after a long day of tearing things apart, I come into the house and start ordering parts... I plan to keep the original yellow paint as it cleans up real well, will have the complete interior redone to match stock as close as possible. My goal is to pull a vintage trailer with it of the same era and take my family camping retaining as much patina as possible.

As I will be asking the Wagon Gurus for some help on a few wagon related questions in a later post, I wanted to introduce myself as I knock on your door, drain your brains and drink all of your beer... I will wait for the official "Welcome" before I post some of my requests.

Happy Hollidays
    Mike

fannie likes this.
  2. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well it's official! WELCOME TO THE FORUMS Mike! You can rest assured that you will find immense information from all the great members here! By the way we LOVE pictures around here so if you get a chance post whatever you got. Again welcome to the madness! Hope you enjoy your stay!....Longroofs Rule!

3. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :drink:As for the interior situation I highly recommend SMS Interiors. A little pricey but you won't be disappointed! There's no problem with you drinking all the beer, just bring a 12 pack next time around!....Longroofs Rule!

4. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome Mike!

5. OriginalSUV

OriginalSUV New Member

Thank you all for your warm welcome. Looks like I followed the rules (first time in my life). Let the fun begin....

fannie likes this.
  6. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome aboard Mike. Sounds like you have some neat cars. The Colony Park sounds like it is going to be a neat project. The 460 should be more than enough to move that along even if you have a vintage trailer in tow.
    You should know that we love photos around here, so if you get a chance take some of the stuff you have and post it!

7. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Welcome OriginalSUV!

8. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  9. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome Mike. Good luck on your project. I love the ‘57-‘60 CP’s and hardtop Merc wagons of all stripes during that period. As wagoninsaine said we love pictures. There’s also a great thread on here for “progress projects” that too is a good place for information gathering as you get deeper in the weeds with your wagon. I have a ‘60 that I’ve owned for 25 years, and was where you are then. F4139D00-3B1B-4F4F-99C3-FAF380469A00.png

OrthmannJ likes this.