New CT member

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by millsy, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    If they decide not to sell right now, no worries - there are quite a few of them still out there! You might also want to check out its Mercury stable mate, the Colony Park. Same mechanicals, but a bit more luxury. I love them myself, but alas, the only one I ever owned, a 1984 model, burned up on me 10 days after I bought it (it was 5-6 years old by then, isolated incident...).

I like the looks of the '87 the best:
    [​IMG]

dennis and millsy like this.
  2. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome millsy!

millsy likes this.
  3. Glide-Aways

Glide-Aways Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome millsy! Can't wait to read your next update. Happy shopping!

millsy likes this.
  4. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome: Millsy and family , What ever you buy remember to have lots of fun in your Longroof :cheers: from Downunder

millsy likes this.
  5. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Pictures of the test drive please! These days Most people don't take the time to look up from their phone to make eye contact and speak when passing a stranger on the street much less, let them drive their car. Give that lady a biiiig hug from all of us on the forum!:wow:

dennis likes this.
  6. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

I will, we are going to her house on Sunday for 2:30, she is sooo sweet and by the context of her texts and emails she sounds like a little old lady. I sent her the pics of my wagon that I posted here and she said her family got a kick out of them and it was NEAT. Looking forward to meeting her and I think some family will be there and YES these kind of things don't happen these days, I think I will bring them something for their generosity!

dennis and wagoninsane like this.
  7. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

So we went to see Marys station wagon and it was in very good condition. She let me drive it for about 15 minutes and my son was loving it. It drove so much nicer than the 1987 Mercury I tried to buy weeks before. There was no swaying or bouncing of the car, the steering was very tight and the brakes were great. Mary is definitely not selling it anytime soon. It was obvious that she loves her wagon and had alot of enthusiasm for it. What a great time and such a nice women. I have some pics now and will put some on later that are on a different phone. Mary didnt know there was a station wagon forum and was very interested so I sent her the link and we could possibly have another new member in the future. The car was really nice. We brought home made cookies for her and I gave her a hug from all of us here. Also my Cobra that I ordered on March 29 2016 is FINALLY getting delivered on Wed so this week is a car lovers dream.

Attached Files:

Grizz and dennis like this.
  8. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sweet longroof millsy and I see your family agree :thumbs2: . Mary sounds like a wonderful lady and I am sure she will be back for Cookies to share an enjoyable ride in the Mercury :cheers: from Downunder

millsy likes this.
  9. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

UPDATE, the women who let us drive her car emailed me about selling it to me. I was excited until she told me the price which was $15,000 and I didnt want to be rude so I just said it was out of my budget. I am not sure where some of these sellers get these prices from. She emailed me today and said oh I am way off and now says $7500. Again I told her I was looking for a car in the $4000 range which is what I think her car is worth but I was just really polite and nice in our emails. The car has developed some rust and needs a new muffler and there is also some new cosmetic damage. I am very disappointed because it is a nice car but $7500 is rather steep. I am at the point of just not getting a wagon at this point unless one falls in my lap. I see so many wagons just sittting around on sale because the price is so inflated. Even the Catalina from Waterbury Ct didnt sell at auction and is still for sale a year later at a lower price but still to high, UGH

10. Kramer79

Kramer79 New Member

Hello! Millsy - are you still searching for a diplomat wagon?