Need idea on how to mount speakers

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by drabina, Jan 3, 2011.

  1. drabina

    drabina New Member

    Joined:
    May 18, 2009
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    NJ
    I want to duplicate this setup:

    rear speakers

    My car is pretty much the same except that it doesn't have the fabric on the floor (floor is just painted metal).

    I was thinking about magnets but I want something sturdier so the speakers do not start flying in a crash. I would also like to avoid drilling in the floor panel. There is about 3/8" space between the panel and side of the car where I could fit some sort of c-shaped bracket.

    Any ideas?
     
  2. Roadking41A

    Roadking41A Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    Messages:
    5,436
    Likes Received:
    53
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    Velcro should hold it.
     
  3. drabina

    drabina New Member

    Joined:
    May 18, 2009
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    NJ
    Velcro to what? I have bear metal on the floor. Do not want to glue velcro to the floor because in a summertime high heat temperatures will just melt the glue.
     
  4. Roadking41A

    Roadking41A Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    Messages:
    5,436
    Likes Received:
    53
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    They have Velcro for high temps. The only way I know to set your speakers without drilling holes. If you don't mind drilling holes then use L brackets.

    It's either cut out holes for the speakers in the side panels, Mount them from the ceiling in the back, L brackets, make hooks that will fit between the seats where it folds or Velcro.
     
  5. a1awind

    a1awind Tiki God

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2008
    Messages:
    3,329
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Ellwood city Pa
    Duct tape!!!!
     
  6. a1awind

    a1awind Tiki God

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2008
    Messages:
    3,329
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Ellwood city Pa
    actually your best bet is to try to find a junk wagon, pull the panels out of it and mount the speakers in those.

    that way you have a nice appearance and your factory ones are unscathed. it what us B body guys usually do!
     
  7. Roadking41A

    Roadking41A Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    Messages:
    5,436
    Likes Received:
    53
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Location:
    Oklahoma

    He hated my idea!!!He is really going to love yours. :rofl2:
     

Share This Page