My year old 57 Ranch wagon project

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by Lono, Jul 29, 2011.

1. dave from indy

dave from indy New Member

Questions

:confused: I didn't know B. C. Canada had deserts...is that actually a house originally or a converted mission?

Seriously, a beautiful car, Lono. You make it look so easy.

I got here too late to tell you that the rear bumper from a 1957 or 58 Ford car (except the Fairlane) is the same as the wagon but you have to drill the holes for the license plate bracket...but it looks like you found a decent one.

Hey Jarius, I wondered if you actually played the 8-track or just the radio...

OK that's it..I have got to sell the old Cougar (the one with wheels, you pervs) so I have some funds to get the old blue delivery back on the street...

2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Great write-up and really nice cars. I could live in your garage! I saw the floor in mine 17 years ago when we moved here! I can relate to the dirt dead end road. Ours is limerock and 1/2 mile long. No one on other side except critters. Dust when dry, gooey slim when wet. We're half way so we can run the 1/4 either direction. :taz: Love your cars!:thumbs2:

3. Jairus

Jairus Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Not the place for a full response other than to say that yeah I play the 8-track.
    And that gives me a great idea for a thread theme: How to fix your 8-track and keep those 'carts working! Thanks Dave!

4. dave from indy

dave from indy New Member

8-track tapes

OK drifting slightly off topic here: 8 track tapes had 2 kinds of drive wheels behind the tape - spongy ones and hard plastic ones. The spongy ones turn to goo and gum up everything. Buy 8-tracks with the hard wheels at garage sales for 25 cents each and trade out the wheels.

OK heading back to drool at that marvelous '57 wagon now...