My 1967 Chevelle "WOODY" gets AIR

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Ben67zl1, May 28, 2012.

  1. Ben67zl1

    Ben67zl1 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    45
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Mcgaheysville Va.
    :) In preparation for my trip to Chevellabration in Nashville I replaced my radiator , hoses, water pump, heater hoses, thermostat, fan clutch, and heater core. I had to tear my heater / AC box out from under dash, replaced the heater core / AC levers and called my trusty HVAC man Ken Wilfong. He put Nitrogen ( as we all know nitrogen has about .25 the molecular weight of R-134 ) in system to check for leaks NONE, He evacuated system and put 1 pound of R-134 in system . He told me to crank it up and turn AC on high my thermometer said 62, so he said increase rpms so I did it dropped to 60 and he got his digital for a final reading of 57.2 SWEET. All that work and no leaks on a 45 year old car! The temp is 92 today so I think I will go for a ride , enjoy the pics Ben
     

    Attached Files:

  2. teej

    teej Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2006
    Messages:
    730
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    75
    Location:
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Nice. I'm jealous. I've lived in FL for almost 25 years now and have yet to have a car with AC. It's on my list though....
     
  3. retropia

    retropia Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2009
    Messages:
    501
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    65
    Location:
    Ohio
    Good for you! I've yet to find anyone local who does quality auto A/C work.
     
  4. Jim 68cuda

    Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2009
    Messages:
    4,616
    Likes Received:
    462
    Trophy Points:
    195
    Location:
    Virginia
    Nice! I hope it'll cool the entire interior of that wagon.

    ( Looking at the post title, I thought you meant you launched it like the Duke boys and the General Lee.)
     

Share This Page