Just Another New Guy.....

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Fat Tedy, Apr 10, 2009.

  1. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    Hi, Thanx for having me over:Handshake:. I've owned several wagons over the years......

    77 LTD
    79 Fairmont
    2 late 70's Volaries
    early 80's Malibu
    80 Mercury Colony Park....I miss this one.
    84 or 5 LTD
    86 Mercury Marqius, sold it Tuesday and kinda wish I did'nt.

    Had plans for the 86. I bout it in 2001 and found a set of red buckets from a 86 Mustang and red console from a 80's T-Bird. It all looked like it came from the factory. When the V6 craped out I was going to V8 the car but the engine just kept going and going and is still going strong.

    The wagon was stolen in Dec 08 and parked side ways real hard in a frozen snow bank witch f***** up the pasenger side but left the car road worthy. I can drive rust and or multi coloured but not smashed so it stayed parked. I bout it for $450 and other than a set of brake pads and tires only put gas and oil in it for all those years. Insurance gave me $400 and let me keep the car. About 2-3 weeks ago I found a dead wagon parts car for $100.

    Last week a 18 year old kid who has worked in our shop for 3 years ( after school ) asked me about the wagon so I sold it to him with the parts car for $250. He'll never fix the damage but he's on the road with his first car and it's a safe car. Sure was wierd seeing my old ride drive into the yard with a big geeky kid grinning from ear to ear.........I did mess with the carb a bit so he won't get full throdle though, he just got his licience, new driver, you know the rest.

    Last Sunday I bout a 83 Cutlass Cruiser for $500, one family owned. The Grand Daughter bout it new and Grandma was the only driver for the last 10 years, she just lost her licience at age 92 and I have to believe them when they said, "Grandma did'nt drive herself any where much". Garage kept all it's life, origonal paint and stupid clean interiour. Not a we just detailed the life out of it but a , it's been kept that way. Even the back cargo panels are a 9.5 out of 10 for wear. Blood red trany fliud, gold motor oil, brite green rad juice with a fist full of maintance reciets. The 305 has " lite dust" on it, no grease. Air, tilt, cruise, PW, and locks.

    The only damage ever, Grandma scraped the pass side a few years back so it has new wood grain, but they only did half of the rear quarter..?? save a buck I quess.

    The only things wrong, the head liner is starting to sag (eazy fiz), drivers power window is strugling and the infamous GM POS wiper motor is strugling.

    The pics in my link are from the sellers ad, I hope to put on a set of Olds Rally rims this week end and take pics of the time capsule interiour. we haul dogs so the wear and tear will begin.......I have to get rid of Grandma's "I Love Schnauzers" bumper sticker! We love German Shepherds!
     
  2. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Hiya Fat! :Welcome: to the wagon train. Really interesting reading and you got a NICE score on the Cruiser. Keep us posted on that one!

    You say a CUTLASS Cruiser? Looks like a Custom Cruiser. Thought the Cutlass model came with a V-6?? Never remember a Cruiser coming with the tailights in the bumper! That's a new one for me...that a Canadian model...or did I just never notice that on an '83 before? This is a nice wagon but it's confusing me.
     
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  3. FordWagonNut1979

    FordWagonNut1979 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2007
    Messages:
    702
    Likes Received:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    Welcome to the site Ted!

    I know the feeling all to well about selling a car and feeling "I should have not done that....". Four of them, 1983 Ford LTD Crown Victoria "S" wagon, 1976 Ford LTD four door Brougham, 1975 Lincoln Mark 4, and my first car 1978 Ford Thunderbird D.J. Ed.........all where clean, well kept, and most of all trusting.

    As for German Shepards, I have one. Hes my first GSD. He's about 80 lbs, 4 years old and dose not like ridding in my Mustang, only likes my '78 LTD Country Squire. I know Wes will not be my last GSD.......wonderful breed in its own right.

    Jonny
     
  4. Stormin' Norman

    Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    19,625
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    813
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Welcome to the garage Ted. Was granny a Brit or an ex-Prairie gal. Victoria has been the big Canadian retirement village for a lot of Prairie folk, for decades. Used to have a Furniture store on Government St, way back in the late 60's.

    How'd the Rose count go this year?

    :Welcome:
     
  5. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    Thanx guys:tiphat:
    SF.... Yeah it's a Cruiser not a Custom. Maybe it is a Canadian model only(?), we have had some cars like that over the generations. I honestly don't remember these cars as Wagons myself but from the doors back it's exactly like my old Malibu wagon.

    FWN.... Shephards are a very loyal dog. Our old man Kirby is a long hair age 9 @ 100lb and the little man Bart is part Doberman apx 1.5 years old @ 80lb. Both are "rescue dogs". For those that don't know, a rescue dog is a dog rescued from bad owners/treatment etc and need alot of work (months if not years) to turn them back into what a dog should be.

    SN.... She was'nt a Brit but I know what you meen. I'm from Winnipeg myself, been here since 82. Grew up in St James close to the Grace Hospital. Seen the bridge on Portage Ave infront of the hospital get washed away in floods and the one on Ness Ave also in my child hood there. Last time back (few years ago) Grants Old Mill in front of the hospital was gone....Did the 97 flood take it? That was basikly where we hung out when we had nothing to do.
     
  6. Stormin' Norman

    Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    19,625
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    813
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I lived here from '77 to '81 and came back from Mexico in 1999. Don't know which buildings went down in the 1997 flood. We're gonna lose some this year, but I think it'll be homes and barns although the folks on the River near East/West Kildonan, St. Paul and St. Andrews, as well as up by Selkirk are really worried. Big Ice Jam up there.
     
  7. tbirdsps

    tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2006
    Messages:
    5,340
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Ridgecrest, Ca.
    :Welcome:Fat Tedy, Nice intro and glad to have you.:cheers:
     
  8. wagonmaster

    wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    May 6, 2006
    Messages:
    13,228
    Likes Received:
    2,552
    Trophy Points:
    1,122
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Welcome to the forums :)
     
  9. CapriceEstate

    CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    3,669
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Pardeeville/ Portage, Wisconsin.
    Welcome to the site. Georgous Olds!
     
  10. autobotsquire

    autobotsquire New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2009
    Messages:
    116
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Baltimore, MD
    Welcome! Man, what a great deal you got on that car. I paid a little less for mine, but it was not even in good driving condition when I got it. Enjoy! :dancing:
     
  11. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    Thanx guys:tiphat: I put some pix in the gallery and some new ones in my Photo Bucket link...sure does'nt take long for the dog hair to start sticking:mad::sweep:. I picked up 6 Olds Rally wheels and pimped my wagon($120) and they make the car look so much better I think. Although lots of tread on the tires they are junk. The car pulls a bit to the left after I put them on :hmmm: and I have a vibration in the front on the highway at any speed. They are ballanced but past experience tells me I have tire cord problems. No big deal as they are not my kind of tire for the driving I'll do, I'll be swapping tires this week with spares I have and before winter comes buy 4 new aggresive snow/ice tires.

    Had my first repair, the darn drivers power window stopped workin. Turned out to just be a conection problem. When I bout it I thought the drivers power window motor was weak, maybe it is on it's way out but I did some adjustment and now the window works fine.

    The bench seat although in great shape and is super comfy for my wife while in the drivers seat does not work for me. I'm full of steel from an accident (thats another story ) and after a half hour drive I'm done. I will have to find good bucket seats ASAP.
     
  12. TopherS

    TopherS Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2007
    Messages:
    377
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    60
    Location:
    Portland, Oregon
    Welcome!

    I definitely loooove that Cutlass Cruiser. I would love to get a 81-83 Cutlass Cruiser. My aunt used to have a green 81 Cutlass Cruiser (no woodgrain) that had the Diesel. I wanted that car so bad...until they took out the Diesel. I still wanted the car, but by then, it was too far gone (they never took care of it). My ex-GF's next door neighbor had a blue/woodgrain 83 Cutlass Cruiser. I had a 84 Cutlass Supreme 4-dr at the time and wish that the Cruiser owner would trade the wagon for the 4-dr. No such luck.

    I've always been torn between the rally wheels vs. the wire wheel covers. My 80 Cutlass Supreme 2-dr had the rally wheels and the 84 Cutlass Supreme 4-dr had the wire wheel covers. For the Cutlass Cruiser, I think it looks classy either way.

    (y)
     
  13. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    Thanx for the coment. A diesel in the wagon you said, I've driven a diesel Chevette but never seen or herd (or remember) of them in any other GM car. that wagon would be an interesting combo.

    I now what your saying about the spoked hub caps, I'll probly put them back on the car on the car for winter with snow/ice tires. I'd like to get some BFG T/A's for the rallys but rite now the wagon is'nt my only viehicle project.....$$$$$
     
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  14. the Rev

    the Rev senior junior Charter Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    Messages:
    9,329
    Likes Received:
    54
    Trophy Points:
    232
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    BC,canada
    and a :Welcome: from the mainland!

    the Cruiser was also avialable in the USA....but not too many are around
     
  15. 1982caprice station wagon

    1982caprice station wagon Racecar Driver

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2010
    Messages:
    1,190
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    welcome to the board Fat Tedy..... you'll love it here :p:p:p:D:D:D

    :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

    :rofl:
     

Share This Page