Introduction and just actively joined

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Station Wagon Ranger, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Station Wagon Ranger

Station Wagon Ranger 1953 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon

Wagon Garage:
    Good afternoon fellow Station Wagon aficionados. I just posted a photo and short introduction under Garage/American Station Wagons. I have a 1953 Ford "Crestline" Country Squire Station Wagon which I take out for long or short drives each weekend. I belong to several clubs and enjoy the nuances and members of each one.

My '53 Squire is an original California car coming out of the FoMoCo Long Beach plant on January 17, 1953. First sold in San Francisco on August 18, 1953. Im the 5th owner from what I can tell. It was carefully restored by the last two owners who kept the original maple trim wood; and interior.

The station wagon has always been a quintessential symbol of the all American family vehicle heading off to great adventures whether it was a trip to the market for weekly groceries, piling all the kids of the neighborhood into the wagon for a local little league game, weekend outings & drives with the family, drive-in movie night, cross country vacation and camping trips or a picnic day trip to the beach or nearby state park.

Love my Squire, all wagons and glad to be a part of the Station Wagon Forum!. Fascinating to read about all the varying interests in wagons out there.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  2. Station Wagon Ranger

Wagon Garage:
  3. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I see you joined the forum in 2015, did you just acquire this fine specimen of a wagon? Looks like a sweet ride! Post some more pictures when you get a chance. WE LOVE PICTURES AROUND HERE!.....Longroofs Rule!

4. Station Wagon Ranger

Wagon Garage:
    Thank you sir. Yes, I joined in 2015 but I didnt have a wagon at that time . I found the wagon in Nov 2016. Now I have something I can actively banter with :) . Ill try to find more photos of the interior and post as time goes on. Once again thanks for your encouragement . Yes, Im a wagon fanatic....so Long Roofs Do Rule!
    :welcomewagon: