How big is BIG these days? Interesting comparison here.

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by 81X11, Sep 13, 2017.

1. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I don't know if it'll help but Dandelion Tea might help alleviate some of those pains. I can't describe its taste but I recommend brewing it at 155ยบ or so, it gets bitter around boiling temperatures.

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. dmfconsult

dmfconsult Well-Known Member

What's interesting to me is trying to find a cost effective cover for my wagon. I have a "car" cover on it now, the biggest one I could get, but it doesn't really do the job because of the long roof. Looking at a cover for an SUV, and it looks like I need one that would also fit a Suburban/Expedition based on length (220 inches). I know it will cover right to the ground, but I don't really want to spend over $300 on a custom cover. To Mike's question.... yes, definitely looks bigger than the wagon, but the wagon is likely longer and wider, just not higher as was said earlier.

I just finished building a retaining wall at home with treated 4x4's. 8-footers fit no problem in the wagon with the rear seat down. I was a bit short so the next day took my daily driver pathfinder to pick up a couple of more. They barely fit and only after pushing the front passenger seat all the way forward, including tilting it forward, then putting the 8-footers at an angle so I could get the rear hatch closed. That made a 7 passenger vehicle into a single driver vehicle... no way I could have had any other person with me. The wagon wins the "what can it haul" contest hands down, as it hauled 150 lineal feet of lumber and I could have had 3 across the front seat!

ModelT1 likes this.
  3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Doug I like your hauling description. That would make a great sales ad for a "new station wagon".
    Mom can haul the soccer players in an SUV but you can haul those soccer players AND your home projects up to 8-foot long in your new station wagon.:thumbs2:

When we were moteling it and attending a lot of out of town car events I bought those cheap tan car covers for my 1955 Chevy wagon and 1941 Ford. I'd get the extra large because both cars were bulky and the old Ford was also tall. I used modern clothes pins on the bumpers and wheel wells for those windy east coast days.
    They may not have always been waterproof but I felt better "hiding" the cars while at motels. I'm sure those covers were way under $100 but only for short time use. A few thicker multi layer covers seemed to be all weather but too bulky for traveling. The el-cheapo covers worked well when the cars were stored inside the garage too.

101Volts likes this.