Hello from Louisville!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Leslieburke1, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Leslieburke1

Leslieburke1 New Member

20201213_153925.jpg 20201216_024551.jpg 20201213_153925.jpg 20201216_091951.jpg 20201216_024551.jpg Hi everyone! I'm Leslie from Louisville, Kentucky. I've never been part of a forum before... but daggonitt, this is a WAGON forum, so I think it's about time!

I own a tour company called City Taste Tours... and due to our present Covid times am unable to run tours. So what am I doing with all the time I have on my hands now? Fixing up my Dad's 1991 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon! The first picture will be of the wrecker towing it out of the barn. Lol. She is up and running now and floating up and down the hills of Kentucky.

We have had this Roadmaster in the family since sometime in the 90s. When Dad got to the point where he couldn't drive anymore, Mom wanted to sell it. Dad looked at me and said "Hun, thats an awfully good car out there..."... so yep, I bought it. We lost Dad 7 years ago... and when I'm driving it I feel him right beside me.

So someplace between then and now life happened and I haven't had time to fix her up until now (my one blessing during Covid) So... my wagon is missing parts, windows broke, needs a paint job and Ive had more than one mechanic roll his eyes at me... but we're in this for the longhaul and in the long run... shes gonna SHINE!

How was THAT for an introduction? Lol

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    fannie and wagoninsane like this.
  2. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    As awesome as it gets, Leslie. Welcome to the forums - I look forward to hearing more about your wagon resto.

3. pyasher

pyasher Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Leslie - keep posting pictures of your progress and good luck...

4. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome aboard Leslie! That is a great looking wagon, I'm so glad you saved it! But the best part is the family connection.

My car is a family car as well and I can definitely relate.

Leslieburke1 likes this.
  5. Leslieburke1

Leslieburke1 New Member

Thx!

OrthmannJ likes this.
  6. Leslieburke1

Leslieburke1 New Member

7. Leslieburke1

Leslieburke1 New Member

Im trying to find a photo with the Roadmaster and Dad for inspiration. Thx for the welcome!

fannie likes this.
  8. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    WELCOME Leslie! That's a great introduction! Hope you enjoy your wagon now that you have got it road worthy. Also hope you enjoy your stay on the forums. By the way......Longroofs Rule!

Leslieburke1 likes this.
  9. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    After we bought our Fannie I joined this forum and it was the first forum that I had ever joined too. It's a great place, there are folks from all over the world. We chat about all sorts of things and sometimes wagons...lol.
    Sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Knowing he's riding shot gum must be very comforting. I have to say, I love the picture with you on the ground cleaning your car, that's how I do it too...just get in there and take care of business.
    I hope you are able to get your business back on the road again when things are safe. In the mean time keep those pictures coming. Is that your little dog being held? We like dogs too...and cats, ponies, lamas...well you get the idea.

:Welcome:

10. Leslieburke1

Leslieburke1 New Member

Yes. That's my Isabel. She rides shotgun too. She turned 15 a week ago and is going strong! Only 3 cats and Isabel... but would have a menagerie if I had the room. Thanks so much for the response. So are you Fannie or your wagon Fannie?

11. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Yes. :bouncy:

My wagon is called Fannie after the first own. And I refer to myself as fannie because somtimes...and only sometimes I can be a bit of an arse.

wagoninsane likes this.