Feel cheated

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by kolby66, May 11, 2017.

1. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

I got screwed over on some property, a week before the closing the realtor calls and says "You know that private road with 3 houses along it that goes to the land you are buying, well you will own it". I put a complaint with the state against the realtor but i doubt anything happened since the land is still for sale years later by the same agent. A lot of shady people out there these days.

2. Eagle Freek

Eagle Freek Well-Known Member

You should have bought it and then put in a toll booth for the 3 houses. :)

3. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

HAHA it is CT, they probably would of approved it but now i am glad it happened, it worked out for the best. At the time it sucked but like others have said, something better came out of it.

4. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

I'm sorry, but I still don't get it. Wouldn't your state require a copy of the seller's driver's license if there is no notarized bill of sale even if he lived IN your state? There's no mention in your explanation of what in or out of state has to do with it.

How far you drive has nothing to do with in or out of state. Some states are big, some are little. You can start at one end of Texas, drive for a day and half, and still be in Texas. What you're saying is that long-distance sales are subject to this risk. Fine. But those can be in-state, too. And I've shown up to buy something advertised on craigslist that was 10 minutes from me, and IT was sold when I got there. This sort of seller behavior can happen with sellers both nearby and far away.

Nothing in either of your examples has done anything to address what problems arise when buyer and seller are from different states that doesn't arise when they're from the same state.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  5. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    You are correct, I should of said a long distance purchase is more difficult.

6. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sorry to hear about the missed wagon. Sooo disappointing. Chin up, there is a wagon out there waiting for you.

7. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Date on the pic below is correct........where has the time gone?

[​IMG]

Anyway, that face in the picture, he ripped me off for the $50 down payment I put on that rare Toyota wagon. Neglected, yes, ALL of the trim was there, it was by far no rust bucket, amazing solid and clean under the car, even had a third seat factory. parked on 2"x12"s on high ground on Grandma's beautiful little farm. rest of the ground due to weather and swamp like grass there was no way to get it out until spring. Old Grandma sold the farm to a developer (it's condos as of a year after this pic). Gave him $50 to remove the ad and agreed we would settle up once the car could be towed. I called now and then, seller always returned my call, everything seemed good..................... until spring came and the ground hardened, seller would never return my call to then "the number was no longer in service" So I go and knock on Grandma's door. I'm invited in offered cookies and coffee by this sweet old lady who says, she will phone her son (seller's dad) Dad says just tow the car out, it has to be out by months end ( when Grandma goes to the home), Dad would not talk to me but put Mom in the middle....... I couldn't do that to the sweet old lady and I'm not that guy to harass a old lady that has no clue and nothing to do with what is going on. I took all the pieces that were removed from the car, politely thanked her, left her my phone number with....."Have him call me when you see him, I owe him $150, and I'll pay it" Never heard a word. No papers, no title ( from seller to me = useless car), missing the parts I took witch be almost next to impossible to find...... anyway, no title, car isn't worth anything so I walked away...... Ya just CAN NOT put a innocent old lady in the middle!

Would have been DAMNED cool, it was more than worth saving........

[​IMG]

Eagle Freek likes this.
  8. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Fortunately, I've never been dogged in that way, but as an honest seller, I have had more than enough granola (you know...fruits, nuts and flakes) to make selling a car such a chore no matter how much you bend over backward. It's why I stopped trying to sell my Ranchero. I had a guy just the other day, ask me how much for Babe, and I said the same price I've said since I've started trying to sell it: $1500. He called me crazy! The SOB does not even ask to look at the car, he asks for the price, then has the audacity to call me crazy?

9. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    If I wrote about all of the times I felt cheated wheelin and dealin I could write a book. It's all part of the game.
    I realize the sadest part is to make a deal over the phone or internet across town or across the states then get there to find nothing where a car was. Money talks and shady people walk.
    It all makes that good buy a good deal and those honest people worth meeting.

This little home we live in I bought over the internet, using photos and words only. I even bought 90% of the furniture on line. Paid 1/3 the value of the house and land, the furniture is quality and like new.

The Impala I drive was the best car buying experience I've ever had with a dealer, again over the internet.

Many cars and parts over the years were exactly as expected and meeting the owners fun.
    The good deals and good experiences always beat out those missing deals or piles of rusty scrap metal.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    wagoninsane likes this.
  10. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah, Tedy. I remember that Crown wagon. Don't see those every day. Didn't see them all that much when they were new, even in the car capital of the U.S. - Los Angeles. That would have made an excellent custom wagon.

Here's my take on it.
    - Yank the old 2600cc 6-cylinder and install a rebuilt 280ZX turbo engine. 5-speed or auto behind it - your choice.
    - Upgrade the interior with modern seats, re-trimmed door panels, etc. Line all panels and floor with sound absorbtion pads. (I believe these sounded very 'tinny' when new...)
    - Modern wheels from a late-model Toyota and low-profile rubber
    - Neat paint job and/or graphics

I REALLY dig this one:
    [​IMG]

This one appears to be a US model (LHD)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

[​IMG]

Oh, sure..............

I had a wound that healed...............

Then it split open AGAIN after many years.............

THEN a friend comes over with some salt and vinegar to help.................

:rofl2::biglaugh::rofl2:

ALL in fun, KK:tiphat:

:grumpy:

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::cheers: